Shopping your own wardrobe and/or really sticking to a budget?

Thank you Marilyn [emoji259] I am trying to be positive. Negativity and anger doesn't solve anything,but only gives me crazy migraines and misery [emoji15]
That's very sweet that you are so sentimental[emoji4] You love your boys and they are lucky to have mom like you [emoji120]
Thanks, girleuro. It seems like they appreciate their old mom a bit after seeing what bad education looks like. They were really annoyed by their cousins behavior and his terrible manners and his grumpiness. I wish I could have done more while I was with him, but I hear he’s back into eating with his fingers, and having nothing but fish sticks, pancakes, muffins, donuts and fries. And tons of candy of course. But you’re right, anger doesn’t solve anything.
Hope you’re quickly getting back to being healthy and happy and active!

Reactions: girleuro
These might have been the last warm days this year. We had a beautiful two weeks, now the wind is picking up and forecast is suggesting gloves and hats. Which is ok, because I can’t wait to wear my new turtlenecks. I will miss my satin flats and being barefoot though. :sad:
I had made a list of clothes I wanted to wear more often, surprisingly a lot of blouses were and are on this list. So what is it I don’t like about them? It can’t be ironing, because I take them to the dry cleaners, without any bad conscience whatsoever. Maybe I’m bad at styling them.
How do you wear your blouses and what’s the secret of being comfortable all day wearing them?

Thanks, girleuro. It seems like they appreciate their old mom a bit after seeing what bad education looks like. They were really annoyed by their cousins behavior and his terrible manners and his grumpiness. I wish I could have done more while I was with him, but I hear he’s back into eating with his fingers, and having nothing but fish sticks, pancakes, muffins, donuts and fries. And tons of candy of course. But you’re right, anger doesn’t solve anything.
Hope you’re quickly getting back to being healthy and happy and active!

Ha ha[emoji51] of course they do [emoji4] It's sad about your nephew,but hey you tried to do everything what you could, but it's his parents job and as long as they encourage that type of eating habits and behaviors,it's nothing can't be done . All you can do just pray for them[emoji120][emoji56]
I am doing ok . Although irritated. We lost our great nurse, the one I trusted, so now we already had to change 3 agencies so far. And or I had to do wound care or I have to assist them. So I am not so happy camper [emoji30] And frustrated that we are going to November and I still can't go to Europe.
I try to be come,but my thoughts and sadness catching up with me. [emoji849]

Reactions: Marylin
These might have been the last warm days this year. We had a beautiful two weeks, now the wind is picking up and forecast is suggesting gloves and hats. Which is ok, because I can’t wait to wear my new turtlenecks. I will miss my satin flats and being barefoot though. :sad:
I had made a list of clothes I wanted to wear more often, surprisingly a lot of blouses were and are on this list. So what is it I don’t like about them? It can’t be ironing, because I take them to the dry cleaners, without any bad conscience whatsoever. Maybe I’m bad at styling them.
How do you wear your blouses and what’s the secret of being comfortable all day wearing them?

Well I wish that would cool down here,in South Florida. It's still hot and humid. I believe next week should be cooler, well I hope so[emoji15]
It's great that you planning your wardrobe. All I plan or watch all the things I want to purchase and hope and pray, that they would not be sold out [emoji19]
Plus it's hot so still summer clothes needed
why don't you like blouses?
I love blouses. It goes great under cardigans and jackets. Makes sleek look, not bulky. Plus if it's get hot , you can always take it off. Also blouses do become like accessories with different collars .To me it's just makes the look well polished. Even when you wear jacket or sweater . You can wear open or buttoned with one or two buttons in the middle. So the blouse is still visible and you can put some nice brooch on it , I love to put on the collar instead of button . What else you would wear instead blouses[emoji848] ? Well sometimes it's great to wear some bodysuits ,but it's not so polished look . Its nothing to me more elegant than crispy white/cream shirt /blouse under cardigan or jacket or even v neck or round neck sweater [emoji12]

For me it was all the buttons. It was too fiddly for me.

Also too formal for my workplace. I didn’t know how to style it casually.

So no help in solving your blouse problem, but I understand the lack of wears lol.

For me it was all the buttons. It was too fiddly for me.

Also too formal for my workplace. I didn’t know how to style it casually.

So no help in solving your blouse problem, but I understand the lack of wears lol.

Bake wear blouse simple or with big collar or I love jabot with jeans and Chanel jacket,add Chanel brooch and you dressed up casually Chic [emoji12]

Bake wear blouse simple or with big collar or I love jabot with jeans and Chanel jacket,add Chanel brooch and you dressed up casually Chic [emoji12]

I don’t have those blouses anymore haha.

I do want to get one to wear with a dress when it’s cold.
And with jeans and my Chanel jacket now haha. Great idea, girleuro!

But maybe the collar makes it feel formal or not? Trying to find one that’s not like a standard work button up.

I don’t have those blouses anymore haha.

I do want to get one to wear with a dress when it’s cold.
And with jeans and my Chanel jacket now haha. Great idea, girleuro!

But maybe the collar makes it feel formal or not? Trying to find one that’s not like a standard work button up.

Chanel Jacket any simple shirt or blouse will make stylish Chic but casual enough [emoji6]
Just add some sparkle Chanel brooch on top of the collar instead of first button and voila Chic [emoji12]
Also you can wear blouses under sleeveless dresses . Now you can make simple dress Chic wear with big sleeves blouse ... Wear silk blouse with Chanel skirt and cashmere cardigan/sweater
It's so many different ways you can incorporate blouses in your wardrobe [emoji12]

Chanel Jacket any simple shirt or blouse will make stylish Chic but casual enough [emoji6]
Just add some sparkle Chanel brooch on top of the collar instead of first button and voila Chic [emoji12]
Also you can wear blouses under sleeveless dresses . Now you can make simple dress Chic wear with big sleeves blouse ... Wear silk blouse with Chanel skirt and cashmere cardigan/sweater
It's so many different ways you can incorporate blouses in your wardrobe [emoji12]

Great ideas, girleuro!

I bet @Marylin you could pull of the blouse-dress combo easily too!

I still need a replacement blouse.

Reactions: girleuro
Great ideas, girleuro!

I bet @Marylin you could pull of the blouse-dress combo easily too!

I still need a replacement blouse.

Thank you Bake [emoji259] I know I am enabler [emoji13] I just get bored easy, but at the same time I love my clothes, so I just look different ways to style them. And I love to experiment [emoji12]
I came out of my comfort zone and started including some outfits I never thought I would be interested in[emoji849]
I got sparkly top [emoji146] thanks to @Marilyn I still looking for sparkly skirt and I am going to wear it dress down as well
I also planning to purchase jeans jacket and leather jacket
By the way those two jackets also would be great to wear with blouses for dress down look
Oh leather jacket and boots I would try to style with sparkle skirt as well But more so with long pleated Chiffon skirt and boots and some ruffled or so blouse [emoji848]
This year i finally figured out what I really love and every purchase I did, I am very happy with. [emoji847]
I practically didn't have to sell anything anymore. So happy and this thread ,ladies, definitely helped me [emoji16] [emoji120][emoji56]

Wow! Impressed by all your suggestions!
@bakeacookie glad someone’s understanding my dilemma. I’m ok with the buttons, maybe it’s the fit that bothers me. A t-shirt or sweater always skims your body more easily than a blouse which has to be tailored just right. And many blouses that fit me around the shoulders and bust are too wide at the waist and too short to stay inside my pants all day. Let me know when you find one you like, would you?
@girleuro You most certainly are a well of inspiration! Lots of great suggestions. You reminded me I wanted to try the blouse sweater combo more often, that way it won’t matter if the blouse is too short. I think I’m a bit annoyed by long sleeves maybe. I love to wear t-shirts under jackets or cardigans even in the winter. Not because I’m too hot. But because I want to feel free. So stiff blouse-sleeves can make me feel restricted easily. I definitely am going to try all my brooches with all my blouses. That’s going to take me a while... I’ll let you know what I come up with.

I’m so sorry things aren’t going the way you were hoping and planning. What a set back to loose a nurse and postpone your trip home. Well, at least you won’t have to pack for four seasons, because it’s going to be winter soon and you definitely won’t have to bring any hot weather outfits... Stay positive! :hugs:

@bakeacookie glad someone’s understanding my dilemma. I’m ok with the buttons, maybe it’s the fit that bothers me. A t-shirt or sweater always skims your body more easily than a blouse which has to be tailored just right. And many blouses that fit me around the shoulders and bust are too wide at the waist and too short to stay inside my pants all day. Let me know when you find one you like, would you?
@girleuro You most certainly are a well of inspiration! Lots of great suggestions. You reminded me I wanted to try the blouse sweater combo more often, that way it won’t matter if the blouse is too short. I think I’m a bit annoyed by long sleeves maybe. I love to wear t-shirts under jackets or cardigans even in the winter. Not because I’m too hot. But because I want to feel free. So stiff blouse-sleeves can make me feel restricted easily. I definitely am going to try all my brooches with all my blouses. That’s going to take me a while... I’ll let you know what I come up with.

I’m so sorry things aren’t going the way you were hoping and planning. What a set back to loose a nurse and postpone your trip home. Well, at least you won’t have to pack for four seasons, because it’s going to be winter soon and you definitely won’t have to bring any hot weather outfits... Stay positive! :hugs:

I think you nailed the issue.

Blouses that fit my bust are too big on the shoulders and waist. If it fits the shoulders and waist, buttons gape at the bust. Don’t get me started on sleeve length! The answer to this is tailoring, but I can’t stomach tailoring something as basic as a blouse.

Probably because it’s still too formal for work. So it would get wear only a handful of times when the weather will allow a long sleeve blouse plus jacket or dress.

If I find a blouse I’ll let you know!

Hmm [emoji19] [emoji848]that's your dilemma.
I didn't realize , I don't have that problem I don't have problems with my proportions always everything fits perfect, well the only problem will occur, if it's over the hips,then in order to fit in the hips, I would need to take it in in a waist, but that's only with some jackets, pants, and sometimes dresses
I think that you ladies exaggerate [emoji12]
And wait a minute, the blouse can't be too big in waist, well most of blouses, well the ones that worn in . It doesn't matter that is extra fabric it goes inside pants or skirt . It can't affect waist can it?[emoji848] Well again I don't know i don't have problems with that either
Well I have very small waist , and flat stomach, maybe that's why I don't have those problems.
Maybe you ladies should try silk blouses, so they wouldn't create extra fabric Silk smooths out nicely . You wear it with stockings and put inside or if not stockings, spanx helps , [emoji6] keeps the blouse easier inside.
Well @Marilyn , I looked through your closet of blouses. Well some of them are not meant be worn inside and under jackets . Some of them should stay in warm weather clothes pile.
If you are not comfortable with blouses, try bodysuits. And they don't bulge either . I love Wolford ones. Specially Colorado full bottom . They have very nice sheen to them. So you could wear them under jackets , very nicely
Have you ever tried? They look and feel much more better, and gives more elegant and sophisticated and sexy sleek look than t shirts could

Well yes things are not going the way I wanted ,still waiting. My hubby said that now we are very close[emoji15] My patience running out too
And ha ha [emoji30] I know now I am be going into winter, but what can you do
I am very unhappy [emoji17] but regrouping and looking how warm I would need to dress[emoji849] I haven't been anywhere in less than 60F in the last 19 years, so i am terrified. What do you wear in cold climate? , but look elegant, sophisticated, not 10 sweaters bundled up look [emoji13] I was looking at some furs . Do I need mink in my life, to survive that freezing weather? [emoji848] Any advice [emoji120][emoji56]
I also was looking at Chanel coats but are they real warm or just pretty? Not sure ??
I so used to warm, that even when I go out in 80's ,I wear cashmere short cardigan or light jacket over my shoulders. [emoji15]
So anyways , I cried a little bit that I will have to go in winter, but now I am ok and praying that I would be able to come back for Christmas
So if I don't leave at least by the middle of next month, then I would be in Europe over Christmas
Now it's not what I want
I have new traditions. I love love , Florida Christmas time [emoji268]
I have new traditions and on December 1st I decorate my Christmas tree.
And all the festivities and specially still nice and warm, baking ginger bread cookies, spending time with my hubby and my sisters-in law So I would be sad ,no I would be destroyed.
Well I still want to take my mommy for a week somewhere is still warmer than in Lithuania [emoji849]
It's also more so to give mom a week without caring for anyone.. no cooking, no cleaning,...
I want her to enjoy the time, spas, etc...
so I was checking the climates in South. And it's not so warm , but |15 C degrees is ok
So I am looking to take mommy to Monaco. I read, that all December it's very festive there[emoji126][emoji847]

Haha I’m a little fatty. And I’m short too. [emoji23][emoji23] the hardest combo to shop for! Especially the short part!

It’s hard to find things that won’t need alterations. It’s either too long of a sleeve, shoulders in the wrong place, too tight or too big at the bust.

I usually try to get 3/4 sleeve blouses to fit me as a normal blouse. And I usually get the kind that are no buttons or a tunic style blouse which seem to taper a little bit better on me than a full button up. A full button up won’t get used since I’ve gotten rid of every button up blouse I’ve owned.

Either way, I still need a blouse of some kind for this dress. Lol still haven’t found it.

Not that I could wear the blouse-dress combo anyway. It’s too hot.
100F for several days already.