Travel Shopping/shipping questions

jennyx0

May 9, 2010
This is probably dumb but I'm wondering when I go to New York, would it be okay to ship all my new purchases back to my place in Seattle? I read that most airlines will let you bring a carryon and a purse...so I was planning on stuffing my small suitcase and purse with my stuff, then ship back everything I buy in New York (because I plan on doing some damage over there :P). I think it was in the Paris thread that I read you can only ship back $200....and I am definitely going over that amount.

The reason I don't want to buy an extra suitcase and have it checked is because I don't want to take a chance on losing my things (by my luggage getting lost or items stolen). My friend that is going with me wants to do the same!

Yup, I've done that. I bought a bag at the YSL boutique in Vegas and had it shipped too. The best part is if you buy from a store that doesn't do business in WA then you don't have to pay tax. But be sure to ask if it'll need a signature. I don't know how long you're gone for so just make sure someone's there to sign for it.

jennyx0

May 9, 2010
I'm only staying for 5 days as it's an eat and shop trip :greengrin: but do you mean I don't pay taxes if I get it shipped from the store? I wanted to buy some things and actually have it with me, and then ship it back home by UPS or Fed Ex...

I knew that items under $110 were tax free but I didn't know about stores didn't do business in WA! I'm even more excited now.

jennyx0

May 9, 2010
No I'm really glad you told me about the stores shipping back home! I had no idea they did that. Thanks!

Vegas Long Legs

Traveler
Nov 13, 2006
^^^ love2shop is right

You live in the US & are shopping in the US so rules you saw in the Paris thread don't apply.

You can shop & ship to your hearts content!