Shopping rant...why have all the MBMJ bags I've ordered arrived in plastic bags

beausmom

O.G.
Mar 30, 2009
inside a smooshed box? I ordered an MBMJ natasha from piperlime. It arrived today with the side dented in and nothing inside the box protecting it other than a plastic bag, which wasn't securely taped, by the way. A wallet from Nordstrom arrived in a plastic bag inside a huge box apparently just being tossed around inside the box for days before it arrived. If I'm paying a premium price for a handbag, I'd like a box inside a sturdy box please!

Thanks for letting me rant. The only good packaging I've had lately was from Saks and Bloomingdales.

You posted this in the MJ thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/received-a-tt-natasha-today-from-piperlime-570276.html

OP, I think you should call Piperlime and tell them what you wrote here & in the MJ thread. I think it will be resolved in your favor. Piperlimes cs is very great & so is Nordstrom. I remember I had received a package, & it wasnt in the most nice way, & the item was damaged. I called them, and the cs rep. sent me a new package asap. I think you should give them another chance. & the packages do get damaged due to the shipping journey...

^ yup

it is not about the price, but presentation..if the stores aren't going to make it look prettily wrapped at least make sure it's nicely (by that I mean the product won't get damaged on it's way to the buyer) packaged!!

no matter the price. customers pay for the goods..not the goods to be damaged..ultimately the customers are just going to want to return..so in the long run it's costing the companies (who are trying to save a few bucks on packaging) 100x more

what's a few bucks of packaging material versus thousands potientially hundreds of thousands worth of goods damaged and returned.. ?

I bought a "lower end" bag from Kataphileo, and it was wrapped so beautifully in bubble wrap and then in tissue paper, followed with a little personal note and some dried flowers. Exceptional! On the other hand I bought a Marc Jacobs bag at TJMAAX runway and it was a $900 bag that I bought for $400-and it didn't even have a dustbag...go figure!

I bought a "lower end" bag from Kataphileo, and it was wrapped so beautifully in bubble wrap and then in tissue paper, followed with a little personal note and some dried flowers. Exceptional! On the other hand I bought a Marc Jacobs bag at TJMAAX runway and it was a $900 bag that I bought for $400-and it didn't even have a dustbag...go figure!

Woah, you bought an MJ at TJMAAX? :nuts: What a great deal! You can contact Diego, and see if he'll send you an MJ dustbag!
Heres his email:
[email protected]
[email protected]

And his thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/mj-reapir-center-452631.html