Shopping online line at Bergdorf's sucks

jade

O.G.
Jan 15, 2006
#ventalert

So I was pondering getting a Chloe Small Faye. I realized since I wanted it to be a daily bag, suede was a bad fit. Then I saw the goat/calfskin one. And it seemed to be generally out of stock at my local department stores. I ended up finding it on Bergdorf's.

I placed my order Wednesday night. I was a little puzzled because I didn't see what the ETA was. I assumed it would show up in my confirmation email. But nothing. I logged back in, to see the date and it was in process.

I assumed it would ship on Thursday and I'd get it on Monday. It said "in stock" so I figured one business day was sufficient. On Friday night, there was no shipping confirmation. I contacted them via chat and they said it would arrive on Tuesday. It seemed slow to me, since 2 business days passed and it hadn't shipped.

Over the weekend, I did some browsing to see if there were other bags I would like. One store even had the Faye in the config I wanted, but I knew supposedly my order was on the way.

On Monday afternoon it finally ships, and it says FedEx signature required. If I had known it was going to ship Fedex, I would have had it sent to work. Fedex is a pain in my building. So I try to log on to Fedex and have it go to a Kinkos for me to pick up. No delivery options. :sad:. So I call Fedex and they said we can't change the shipment preferences, you need to call them. They have a special arrangement. The customer service guy wasn't too pleasant.

So then I call Bergdorf and ask about changing the shipping info. The customer service rep - never even asking me for an order number - was super rude. She was basically like whatever. I asked about other options and she hung up on me. Now I am feeling super frustrated. I called back and I got another agent, who was at least friendly, but said I was SOL.

So Tuesday evening I see the delivery attempt. Today I worked from home, incidentally and I was available to sign for the package.

So I finally get the bag. I open the box - packing was mediocre. I open the Chloe dustbag. And it is the small Faye with suede. There are no tags on the bag, but it is still covered with plastic. Of course it is the completely wrong skew. And not the bag I ordered (and those bags are priced differently). So I repacked the box and went to drop it off at FedEx.

Such a crappy customer experience. I am never ordering from there again. :sad:

And I still don't have a Faye. I am cross shopping it with the JW Anderson Pierce. I found the small on FarFetch, but now I need to hunt down the all leather small Faye again.

Has anyone else had a crappy experience ordering from Bergdorf's?

So sorry to hear! I only ordered once from Bergdorfs. I was excited at first because I didn't have to pay sales tax in my state (CA). After that, my experience was frustrating. Like you said, no shipment confirmation, double charge on my credit card. Luckily the customer service person I spoke with was able to resolve that for me....but still.

On the day that my package was suppose to arrive via FedEx I was working. I didn't know that a signature was required. I tried calling them to have them remove that requirement but they it was too late. So I had to call off work the next day to wait for my package [emoji58]

I ordered for the same reason. I thought - great no sales tax (also in CA). It is sad that a lower end shop like ASOS has a far superior customer experience than a high end place.