Shopping in Toronto / Canada - costly?

The Bay is awesome these days - although it's still better for home stuff than fashion IMHO. I second Aritzia and Club Monaco. I also recommend that you check out TNT in Hazelton Lanes in Yorkville - or some of the boutiques on Ossington (Jonathan and Olivia, etc.).

First off, I would like to provide a warm thank you for all the ladies that provided feedback for my shopping dilemma. You all helped me so much~ :hugs:

As for my other question, are there any reputable sellers of Christian Louboutins in Toronto, besides Holt & Renfrew? Holt & Renfrew had a terrible selection with gigantic sizes. I walked out of there pretty disappointed and deflated the last time I was there.

Come on, do I look like I have huge feet? (I'm a size 35) ):

First off, I would like to provide a warm thank you for all the ladies that provided feedback for my shopping dilemma. You all helped me so much~ :hugs:

As for my other question, are there any reputable sellers of Christian Louboutins in Toronto, besides Holt & Renfrew? Holt & Renfrew had a terrible selection with gigantic sizes. I walked out of there pretty disappointed and deflated the last time I was there.

You could try Remix Clothing 639 Queen Street West. It's close to the Queen West/Bathurst intersection. I'm not sure what they usually have for small sizes because I have huge feet. :lol: You could probably call (1 647.889.4203) before making the trip if you wanted to double check. I got the number off the stores Facebook page so hopefully it's right if you do call.

High Five to another size 35 lady. But the disappointing news is... I never find any good shoe bargains in-store for size 35. Stores don't usually stock a lot of small-size shoes, and when it comes to sale, the size 5/35 rack usually has the worst and least selection.

Do you aim for Christian Louboutins only? If not, I did see some designers shoes on sale at Holt Renfrew Last Call store at Vaughan Mills. That's a while ago, though... so I'm not sure what they have in store now; and again, selections are very limited, and they are usually not the best ones on the sale rack.

Anyway, I hope you're having a good time in Toronto.

P.S. I find that the Club Monaco at Bloor and Avenue and the one at Eaton Centre have the most selection of styles and sizes. And if you're a student (not sure if it matters if you are a local students), show your student card and Club Monaco will give you an extra 20% off (even for sale items as long as long as it's not combined with their occasional "extra xx% off all sale items" promotion).

David's Footwear on Bloor (near Holt Renfrew) and in Yorkdale Mall both carry Louboutin's but I'm not sure about selection or sizes. I'm not sure if the Bayview location carries them. Good luck!
http://www.davidsfootwear.com/

66 Bloor Street West
Toronto, ON
M5S 1L9
P: 416-920-1000

Yorkdale Shopping Centre
Yorkdale Road
Toronto, ON
M6A 3A1
P: 416-789-1812

Bayview Village Shopping Centre
2901 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, ON
M2K 1E6
P: 416-512-9009

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=2204735

Apparently the laws changed in 2007. Did you claim any refund personally recently? Unless they changed it again after that?

That's just an internet discussion...

The document I linked is the official file in which you fill out to get your stuff reimbursed. You can do this upto 1 year of purchase. You can also read up on the Canada Revenue and CBSA websites. Canada is stingy with its taxes... The websites actually don't state anything specific which can be expected... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's just an internet discussion...

The document I linked is the official file in which you fill out to get your stuff reimbursed. You can do this upto 1 year of purchase. You can also read up on the Canada Revenue and CBSA websites. Canada is stingy with its taxes... The websites actually don't state anything specific which can be expected... :rolleyes:

So the airport personnel lied to me? How rude! :rant:

But this is good news. I may be visiting again in the near future... :graucho:

So the airport personnel lied to me? How rude! :rant:

But this is good news. I may be visiting again in the near future... :graucho:

How long has it been since you left Canada?
Is it still within that 1 year timeframe???
I dunno if it would be worth the hassle to call Canada's government and voice your concerns... ***WARNING*** you may be redirected 10 times to various rude reps on the phone before you talk to anyone of use OR be hung up OR end up on an answering machine.
I feel like this is time for me to rant about my tax returns... I spent +++10 hours resubmitting various forms and supplementing more documents as well as talking to accountants and spending time on the phone with the government. In the end I gave up. I'm just going to pay them back whatever $$$ they want. :storm::pokey::Pullhair::mad::mad::censor::cursing:

Joe Fresh (and Walmart's crappy clothes) are made (was made) in Bangladesh by people working in disgusting conditions who work 12 hrs a day. They employed children. They just showed a documentary on TV on the brand where they exposed the factory with hidden cameras. The factory collapsed, 1000+ workers died. I don't care how cute their stuff is, I'll pay more for stuff made in the USA.

I dunno if it would be worth the hassle to call Canada's government and voice your concerns... ***WARNING*** you may be redirected 10 times to various rude reps on the phone before you talk to anyone of use OR be hung up OR end up on an answering machine.
I feel like this is time for me to rant about my tax returns... I spent +++10 hours resubmitting various forms and supplementing more documents as well as talking to accountants and spending time on the phone with the government. In the end I gave up. I'm just going to pay them back whatever $$$ they want. :storm::pokey::Pullhair::mad::mad::censor::cursing:

I thought this program was discontinued in 2007. I found this article saying that the rules were changed April 1, 2007. http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/gr/news68/news68-e.pdf (see "Reminder for Tourism Industry"). The former program was called the Visitor Rebate Program.

FCTIP does not provide a rebate of GST/HST paid on goods exported from Canada by non-resident visitors.

Hahaha!! It was several years ago! And I know about rude reps... My friend sent me a (rather expensive) package from US to Vancouver and she sent it First Class with no insurance etc... Yes it got lost. I was on the phone forever and countless times with Canada Post and I eventually gave up. :rant: