Shopping in NYC and Las Vegas

I live in Las Vegas, and I second the recommendation of:

http://www.lasvegas.com/shopping

It lists all the outlets, malls, etc. and if you click on them you can get to a complete floor map that tells you what stores they have.

And yeah, it's super hot here in July. Dress for comfort and stay indoors as much as possible.

Oh yeah, so the accessories are 6 %... someone said that clothes and shoes don't have tax in NJ... :huh: That's weird how they vary that much in different states..

I need to read through Finnish Customs' pages.. They do have a certain limit on how much of value you can bring stuff back and get the taxes off at the airport.... It's a bit difficult not having done that before!

And thanks jaffa, I've been eyeing that page, it's very useful :amuse:

Nectarine25 said:
Oh yeah, so the accessories are 6 %... someone said that clothes and shoes don't have tax in NJ... :huh: That's weird how they vary that much in different states..

I need to read through Finnish Customs' pages.. They do have a certain limit on how much of value you can bring stuff back and get the taxes off at the airport.... It's a bit difficult not having done that before!

And thanks jaffa, I've been eyeing that page, it's very useful :amuse:

that is correct. only 6% on accessories. not on clothing.:lol:

Nectarine25 said:

I should re-phrase my earlier post...Clothes and shoes (& medicines & food) are not taxed in NJ. Everything else is taxed 6%. A bit confusing since I do know that in some areas in N Jersey, the tax is 3%.

Short Hills mall do have a very good stores/boutiques and usually have a pretty good selection.

Pnay71 said:
I should re-phrase my earlier post...Clothes and shoes (& medicines & food) are not taxed in NJ. Everything else is taxed 6%. A bit confusing since I do know that in some areas in N Jersey, the tax is 3%.

Short Hills mall do have a very good stores/boutiques and usually have a pretty good selection.

That is a bit confusing, yes :amuse:

Thanks for claryfying :shame:

Hi Ladies... I'm new to the site, have ALWAYS loved purses, but can now only begin to afford my fetish! :nuts: I'm tall, so designer clothes don't work! *lol* I own a few Coach purses, other quality purses and some just trendy. I am leaving for Vegas next weekend and want to SHOP! I want to get a nice designer bag or 2, something that is timeless. Many a friend have suggested an LV, although beautiful-- it is my fall back designer, I would like to find something a bit different. I'm looking for fashionable, yet timeless... and definitely the value! WHERE DO I START???!?!

I posted this on another thread.. .but apparently this one is far more appropriate!