Shopping in Hong Kong or China?

There is a shop in Tsim Sha Tsui East called Tycoon city, it is right behind the DFS. They have all kinds of watches and handbags. The handbags in particular are cheaper than the actual retail stores.

There is also a building in Causeway Bay called Hang Lung Center. Go to the 13th or 14th floor and there are a few shops on the left that sell name brand products for cheaper. I think they are called Pastelli. I have seen BV bags for 40% off Hong Kong retail prices. These stores actually do a lot of wholesale to China but also have a large selection of regular clothes, shoes and bags to purchase. The only issue is that since they do wholesale their shops are a bit messy.

One of the most popular stores around is called Twist, they are a little more commercial. The shopping experience is a lot better than the ones in Hang Lung. They have decent prices but it won't be as cheap as the ones in Hang Lung Center.

I am 100% sure that their products are authentic because my friend bought a Chanel purse from Pastelli and brought it in to the Chanel store to check. Everything checked out fine.

Did your friend bring the handbag into Chanel for repairs? Only with repairs do the items get authenticated, otherwise Chanel does not authenticate handbags simply by drop-ins.

My friend said that the gold hardware on her Jumbo was getting lighter in color so she took it to the store to get the hardware replaced. She was also worried that she bought a fake because the color was fading. The sales associate said that this happens when a bag isn't stored properly in very humid places. She had no problem getting the hardware replaced and everything looks all new again. The SA also said that the bag did not have any authenticity issues.

There is a shop in Tsim Sha Tsui East called Tycoon city, it is right behind the DFS. They have all kinds of watches and handbags. The handbags in particular are cheaper than the actual retail stores.

There is also a building in Causeway Bay called Hang Lung Center. Go to the 13th or 14th floor and there are a few shops on the left that sell name brand products for cheaper. I think they are called Pastelli. I have seen BV bags for 40% off Hong Kong retail prices. These stores actually do a lot of wholesale to China but also have a large selection of regular clothes, shoes and bags to purchase. The only issue is that since they do wholesale their shops are a bit messy.

One of the most popular stores around is called Twist, they are a little more commercial. The shopping experience is a lot better than the ones in Hang Lung. They have decent prices but it won't be as cheap as the ones in Hang Lung Center.

I am 100% sure that their products are authentic because my friend bought a Chanel purse from Pastelli and brought it in to the Chanel store to check. Everything checked out fine.
Hi!

I tried googling Tycoon City in Tsim Sha Tsui East but couldn't find any info on it! Do you know where I can find it/address or landmark? Is there also a good selection of designer handbags and accessories? Appreciate any info you can share! Thanks!! :smile:

For night market: If the vendor has an asking price of ¥100 for an item, tell him /her "I'll take it for ¥10.“ Depending on the response, take it from there. Chances are you'll get the item for ¥25 or less.

Thanks for the tips! If anyone knows any more about shopping for designer (bargains) in HK please do share! I'm going there at the end of June and lookin forward to duty free/lots of shopping! :smile:

Ummm forgot to say (and I probably dont need to say it but will do anyway)- only interested in the real deal. Genuine, authentic gorgeous quality gear :smile:))

I can't quite describe the feeling of horror at the thought of being sucked into buying counterfeit imitations :sad:

For European designer stuff, HK is cheaper than China but more expensive than Europe w/ tax refunds included. Service also leaves a lot to be desired... HK isn't exactly known for it's stellar customer service.

For other stuff that you can only find in Asia, HK is still okay, though I've noticed that I can get the same/better prices on ebay or yesstyle.

The really awesome deals that you could find like 5-10 years ago are less common since the high rents are driving up prices of everything here. :sad:

There are several places in Hong Kong that sell goods directly imported from Europe at a discounted price compared to the retail stores. A place that I go to is right across from the Duty Free in Tsim Sha Tsui East ... I think its call Tycoon City. The place is like a giant duty free but their name brand products can be more than 10% cheaper than buying from the luxury brand stores or the DFS directly. They carry brands ranging from Tory Burch to Chanel.

There are also some other places on the Hong Kong side as well that sell at a discount to the brand stores.

As long as you don't have an issue with not purchasing from the name brand store then there are lots of deals to be found in HK.

Send me a PM and I can let you know where these places are.
if u can , please tell me examples for these places :smile: