Shopping in Dallas...any advice?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I am going to Dallas in a few weeks for a business trip and will have a few days free. Is anybody from the area? Do you know of good shopping places, other than the Galleria?

Also, how close is the Galleria to downtown? Is a close enough to take a cab?

Thanks.

2. Hi there. These are my recommendations for Dallas shopping (I've lived here over 10 years).

1. Galleria = not real close to downtown, probably 20 minutes away, has many upscale department stores and boutiques (Saks / Nordstrom / Louis Vuitton / Gucci), very huge mall with ice skating rink!! If you're a tourist, this is definitely the mall to go to!

2. Northpark Center = I personally like Northpark better. It has Neiman Marcus, a more upscale Nordstrom. Other stores in Northpark = Burberry. No LV or Gucci. Is a much smaller mall than the Galleria but I'm a Neiman's addict so that's probably why I like it better. Is closer to downtown... not even 10 minutes away.

3. Highland Park Village = this is the mecca of high end stores! Hermes, Escada, Jimmy Choo, Chanel. This is also fairly close to downtown... probably about 10 minutes away.

4. There is a Neiman Marcus downtown, which I think by far has the best selection of designer items. Of course, it's downtown so close to where you're staying but I would still cab it because parts of downtown are scary.

This is all I can think of right now, but I will add more later.

3. You should pm Swanky, I believe she lives in the area.

4. Thanks for the advice. Sounds like Dallas has some great shopping.

5. Dont forget Grapevine Mills Mall. Place was HUGE when I went a few years ago....

6. Yes, Grapevine Mills is a good outlet center. Has Neimans Last Call and Off Fifth. However, it's very far from downtown... about 35 minutes from downtown. Although it's closer to DFW (Dallas/Ft. Worth) airport.

7. Oh ok. See it was kinda close to the hotel I was staying @. Dont know much about driving in Dallas. LOL.

8. Thanks drtng for those listings...those are really helpful...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice