shopping in chicago!

toriko

Sep 30, 2009
Hey!

I'm heading down to Chicago with my bf during Easter weekend and we're staying in the downtown core (across from Millenium Park). We don't have much time to shop, so we want to make the best of it! :yahoo:The question is then, are there any good bargains to be found in our area? I would love to find a good deal for bags (of course) and shoes, while he's looking for casual and work clothes.

Thanks in advance!

I also vote for Michigan Ave and Oak St too. I could spend a whole day just going up and down the Mag. Mile. I like Water Tower Place & The Shops at North Bridge both are on Michigan Ave. The Macy's at Water Tower has Lush if your a Lushie!

Definately do Michigan Ave. and all the cross streets as well. :smile: Oak St is great like all the other ladies said! For sight seeing and strolling, Lincoln Park is my favorite area in the whole city. My goal is to live there someday.

The tax is crazy though (10.75% now? It's too depressing so I stopped looking at receipts!)... so depending on where you're from, don't do any big purchases you can get at home just cause you're on vacation. Even if you find a bargain, on big ticket items the tax will kill ya! I do all my shopping in the suburbs now. :smile:

Have fun!!!

Oak St with Barneys and Prada, And Michagan Ave. IF you make any big purchases and you are from out of state ship it to save on tax. But i'm not sure if there will be many sales though. Most of the sales will start around the end of May or early June

Bargain shopping near your area includes- Loehmann's and Filene's both of which are within walking distance ( State street) of your hotel and Macy's. Also on Michigan ave. is "That's our Bag" which carries Tano hand bags.
Depending on your style, (imho) Water Tower Place is a fairly standard mall with the exception of a huge American Girl. However Michigan ave and the cross streets mentioned above have everything from high end to H and M.
If you get a chance check out Wicker Park/Bucktown area. Not in waling distance, but a short cab ride and so worth it for local boutiques.
Enjoy the Chi!

Michigan Ave and Oak St. are the best "good" shopping near you. If you are willing to travel a little (public transportation or cab it), Wicker Park along Damen and Milwaukee has the "hipster" stores (Akira, MBMJ, local designers, etc.).