Shopping help

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Save 25% off all Jeans at Nordstrom. Sale ends Sunday at noon EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    I never had a Balenciaga bag, and I am very interested of getting this one. I live outside Chicago, about an hour and half. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. The tax in Chicago is almost 11%, how can I avoid it. Where do you think I could get this bag without paying so much in tax. Thank you so much.

I am so inlove with this bag with the red color.

balenciaga.com/us/en/balenciaga/Women/Handbags/TopHandles/P-First-Lambskin.aspx

2. If you buy a bag from a store that is not located in Illinois, you will not have to pay sales tax. That would probably mean buying from a Bal Boutique since I assume Chicago has all of the major dept. stores like Saks and NM that carry Bal. You could also order from balenciaga.com and not have to pay sales tax.

3. You may want to try hgbagsonline.com. She is a reputable seller of both previously owned and new Bal bags. I have bought several items from her.

4. Thank you for the info, I will try to look into both suggestions. Thanks again