Shopping for my first Hermes bag~ help appreciated!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi there ladies~

Well my mother and I are going to France/Italy for vacation this summer and indulge in a shopping spree. I'm so excited that I'm planning already for what to buy XD I do plan on buying my first Hermes bag at that time and the bag that interests me most is a tricolor Kelly ostrich- not sure what colors I want though I saw a bag on this forum a long while ago that was pink/purple-ish/?

I'm a Hermes newbie so don't know the exact colors (only Hermes I have is a watch- hs graduation gift!) >_< Is there somewhere that I can see all the colors that Hermes has available? Also I noticed there were different types of hardware available- palladium, silver etc. Does this make a difference? Which type of hardware is the best and does it have a substantial effect on the cost? Is the Kelly a good choice for a first bag? I think that the Birkin is more popular (?) but the only birkins I like are the croc ones and I'm definitely not ready to spend that much on a bag yet lol. I'm expecting to pay about $20k for the bag, is that right or does it cost a lot more :wtf:

Also, since tricolor ostrich is rarer(?) would I have to wait a year+ for it? I'm not sure how Hermes works ^^; Thanks for your patience with a newbie!

2. The reference boo gave you above should give you a lot of info regarding hardware, colours, skins etc.

Prices aren't much different for different hardware and colour, I think it's actually the same, but varies for skin. Any Hermes is a good choice for a first bag! Kelly would be the perfect one, if you like the formal look of it, whereas Birkin is slightly more casual! $20k is enough for an Ostrich Kelly I suppose. It's more of whether you will bump into one in the stores, as I think Ostrich bags are not that common on shelf, let alone tri-color ones..

Good luck with your bag search!!! And don't forget if you score anything, do a reveal back here for all of us ;)

3. The reference library is fantastic!Stick around the forum & you'll be always learning something new.Also visit your local H store to see the items up close to help you in deciding.Good luck!