Shopping for LV in Europe

Kongsmom

Apr 18, 2017
Hello im new here on the forum but have been following the purse blog for over 10 years now! I was wondering if anyone can help me with this: my hubby is going on a business trip to Europe next week and said he would buy me a LV purse but i wasnt sure which city would be the best deal. He will be in the following cities (all ofwhich has a LV store): Frankfurt, Munich, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Amsterdam.

Any advice would be appreciated!! Thank you

I just returned from Amsterdam and Paris and the prices were the same for those two cities. I purchased a Felicie and a NF. I am not sure how those two cities compare to the others you mentioned.

Hi, prices are not the same through out the euro zone.

France has always been least expensive, then the others can be up to 5% sometimes up to 10% more expensive - depending on what you're buying as some things are priced the same - though it does differ country to country. Ireland for example, is more expensive than Italy. The prices aren't hugely more, but they are not the same as France.

Having had a quick look at the online prices for France/Italy, it does seem that there is much more parity in prices. Didn't have a chance to check everything but that's good!

For someone coming from outside the Euro zone, I'd think that it would be easier to make your purchase on your exit country. That way, it's easiest for filling out the customs forms as you purchased in the country you're flying home from.

From my experience, the cheapest location will always be France.

The next cheapest locations are the countries that are part of the EU using Euros and typically (I stress "typically") the ones closer to France tend to have the closest in price. The further away you get, that is where the price starts to inch up (particularly in regions where LV does not have a "made in" location).

After that...there is the price in UK (still cheaper than US ...but not as cheap as those countries using Euros).

As previously stated by Kathleen37....no matter where he buys it...he will be saving compared to US. So....I would have him buy it wherever it is going to be the easiest for him to find the time and then carry it with him. So maybe the last stop IF he is sure that location will have what you are looking for. If you are asking him to get a purse that is a little more popular and inventory can be "hit or miss" on any given day....you might want to have him start checking in the first city! LOL

Although LV price is lower in France, you might want to check out Global Blue (the refund service for LV) refund calculator. For example: Purchase price EU1320, Paris VAT Refund= EU158.40 vs EU180.84 if purchased in Barcelona. For France, The VAT Rate is 20%, on average we'll end up getting 12% refund. The remaining 8% is for Global Blue service fee, but remember...it's 8% your total purchase. So in reality, they take 40% off your refund:cursing::cursing:
Using the above example, France VAT rate=20%= EU264. Refunded amount EU158.40. Global Blue gets EU105.60.

Hello Kongsmom, I have just been in the LV Amsterdam Bijenkorf store last week. I have been served by a super friendly lady, Brenda. Excellent service!! We have been comparing a few prices from Paris & Amsterdam too, but they turned out to be equal.

My question may be a little bit side track from this topic but very grateful if anyone could advise on this.
I am going to travel to Israel and notice that there is a LV store in Tel Aviv. Does anyone know how is the price compared with Europe and Asia? Is it much more expensive?
Thank you very much!

My question may be a little bit side track from this topic but very grateful if anyone could advise on this.
I am going to travel to Israel and notice that there is a LV store in Tel Aviv. Does anyone know how is the price compared with Europe and Asia? Is it much more expensive?
Thank you very much!
I don't have access to prices in Israel but I m pretty sure that European prices will be cheaper.