shopping for jeans is exausting

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I decided the other day I was going by TJ Maxx and I'd see if they had any skinny jeans. I usually wear flares so this was something new for me. I usually wear Paige. They had a pair that was kind of ok but I thought the next size down would probably fit better. So I bought them and then went shopping to see what else I could find.
I saw that a lot of people like J Brand so I looked for them as well as Paige.
NR had no J Brand. Bloomies outlet had one pair that was a maybe. Saks Off 5th had a few pair in my size - one was a maybe.

I ended up buying a pair of non-premium Levi's straight legs. They seemed to be more flattering on me than the skinny jeans I was comparing them to at NR (and I was getting tired having tried on maybe 20 pairs)

So I bought home the Levis and modeled them and the skinny jeans from TJ Maxx, fully expecting DH to prefer the straight legs. He said he doesn't really like the skinny jeans style but he also said I looked skinnier in them.

IDK what to do. May keep both. Or shop some more to try to find J Brand for a reasonable price. I was really surprised NR didn't have any.
Any advice on what to do or where to find J Brand for a good price?

Reactions: simplyhappy
Ebay is good for denim shopping, if you know what you want. Otherwise, you went to all the stores I'd go for jbrand, maybe try online for the same retailers? I think nmlc or off5th had a denim promo now.

Ebay is good for denim shopping, if you know what you want. Otherwise, you went to all the stores I'd go for jbrand, maybe try online for the same retailers? I think nmlc or off5th had a denim promo now.
thanks...I wouldn't buy jeans w/o trying on...Off 5th didn't seem to have any sale today

Thats why you pick one day and do all your jean shopping for the rest of the year. That's usually the easiest,
yes, I have to be in the mood because I know it's going to take a lot of trying on (usually).....in my case all my jean shopping for the year may be the one pair. Funny this time around, I tried on about 20 pair of premium jeans day 1 and bought one pair which turned out not to be a keeper. Day 2 I went to a store with a smaller selection, tried on maybe 5 pair and got two (same style).

With jeans sometimes it comes to finding the brand/model that suits you. Once you have that, you're lucky, because now you can order jeans even online without problems.

Denims by different brands doesn't necessarily match even if it is same model and size - they all have theses subtle differences...

With jeans sometimes it comes to finding the brand/model that suits you. Once you have that, you're lucky, because now you can order jeans even online without problems.

Denims by different brands doesn't necessarily match even if it is same model and size - they all have theses subtle differences...
I have two pair of Paige jeans - same size, same style, slightly different wash. One fits like a glove; the other is kind of baggy in the thighs. The baggy ones have !% elastane; the better fitting pair are cotton/poly.
So even buying at a BNM store, trying on buying same style is no guarantee of being really happy with jeans.

The new jeans I just bought fit really well but they have higher percentage of poly and spandex so time will tell how they hold their shape.

I bought a pair of skinny jeans at Macy's that I love. They're by Levi's and they have cotton, viscose, polyester and a smidge of elastene.
I wear them almost every day, very comfortable and are not low rise.....perfect! They hold their shape really well and feel cotton-rich.
It can be very defeating shopping for jeans!

:yes: Time Consuming! I try to keep my jeans a small lng as possible. Even two pairs from the same design and same size can fit differently.
yes, the jeans I bought recently were two of the same size, same style. I brought both pair home. One is a keeper and if I love them, I'll probably keep the second pair.

I only shop at the Gap for jeans. The quality is pretty good still and the end of season sale is usually a good time cuz you get some good stuff for 20 instead of 80.
I agree. For trendy stuff, old navy has $15 distressed skinny jeans. Definitely thin and less design details, but good for hotter weather and transitioning into fall with booties.

I only shop at the Gap for jeans. The quality is pretty good still and the end of season sale is usually a good time cuz you get some good stuff for 20 instead of 80.

Same here. The sizing is consistent, the quality is really good and the pricing is excellent compared to the top designers. I have a couple of designer jeans but I wear my gap jeans the most.

Reactions: marie132