Shopping for first LV... please help me make a decision!

chikapinku

saving. mostly.
Aug 22, 2009
So I've saved enough for my first LV -- I'm so excited! Unfortunately there's so many gorgeous designs out there that I don't know what to choose; it'd be so much easier if they were all hideous!! :lol:

I'm looking for something classic and classy that can be dressed up or down; something that I can hang onto forever and that will last me for ages without needing to buy another... I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen like that but at least my intentions are good!

Here's what I've narrowed it down to:

1. Watercolour Papillon 30 in brown (a tad wary about buying online, though, especially my first)
  2. Damier Speedy 30/35 in ebene
  3. Damier Papillon 30 (How do the Paps deal with things in them? Do they go saggy? I love the shape but if it sags I don't think that'll float my boat!)
  4. Speedy 30/Alma in black epi/cassis with a bandeau of some sort
So I suppose you could say I haven't really made up my mind at all!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :heart:

(Also, many apologies if I've posted this in the wrong spot!)

I love the Watercolour papillion as you dont see many of them around and they are really beautiful. Its nice to get something special as your first LV. Second choice would be the Speedy 30 in Cassis as the epi is really hardwearing good leather and the Cassis is such a pretty colour. Good luck and have fun chosing.

i have the watercolor papillon, and it holds quite a bit, and does not sag at all whether or not you stuff it.. i find that it looks like candy, with all the colors splashed on it, which i adore! :love:
the Papillon shape is adorable, and is a classic LV style which is great for a first..

among those you've listed, the damier Papillon is an excellent choice as there is no vachetta to worry about.. plus, it's not as common as the Speedy.. this is what i would recommend for you... :yes:

I would go for either a Damier Speedy Ebene in 30 or the Black Epi Alma.

Both will look great for ages, are classy and dressy but not too over the top, and will go with almost anything!

HTH!

Here is what I think, but I know you'll go with the bag that is best for you! I'll be looking for your reveal in the future!

Watercolour Papillon 30 in brown - Don't like the Papillon, but the WC is absolutely stunning, so I say this one. I have the Frame WC Papillon only because of the frame - absolutely love the WC line!
Damier Speedy 30/35 in ebene - This is my 2d choice.
Damier Papillon 30 - Not a fan of the Papillon.
Speedy 30/Alma in black epi/cassis - Not a fan of Epi, so suggest Damier Speedy. Prefer the Alma in Vernis.

Epi speedy (25) or damier ebene speedy 30 if you're looking at a functional classic piece. If you want something special then the WC pap is lovely - I have one and love how it looks, although it's probably not the most functional bag due to the shape and the fact that it has no pocket at all.

Standard mono and Damier are great 1st LV but if you have a bit extra get something different so I say the Cassis 30...i'm biased though I have it and wear it with the Violette splash bandeau