Shopping for Classic Flap in USA

Nahreen

Nahreen
O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
Hi

I´m travelling to the USA in October. I´m visiting New York, LA and Las Vegas. I´m interrested in buying a Classic flap (mini or small). Does anybody know which Chanel shop that has the widest range of handbags? What is the price for these bags and colours available? Is there any sales in beginning of October?

The selections totally depends how many customers get what. But all three cities you are planning to visit has more than one boutiques (and department stores as well) and they are generally all great.

US usually don't have many "small," unless you mean bagutte/east west size. I think mini was around $1900 and ew is around $2000? There's a sticky thread with worldwide price list in this shopping forum for your reference.

Now availability of colors also depends on the schedule of shipment, what the boutiques/department stores ordered, and again, how they sell. You'll just have to go and see what they have at the time, for each boutiques. Black is pretty standard all year around color but even that, there's no guarantee.

And lastly, winter sale would start around Thanksgiving, which is in November.

Nahreen, You best bet is to contact the store a few days before you arrive. The SA would be able to inform you if they have the purse you are looking for. They can even put it on hold for you for a few days. This way, you will have your purse ready for you. If you don't know what color or size then there isn't much you can do until you arrive.

Thank you for your advise Christiy. I don´t know what size I want (or can afford, it depends on the value of the dollar). I have never seen a flap bag in real life other than on pictures so I want to look first. We unfortunatelly can´t buy Chanel here in Sweden so I thought I´d take the opportunity to at least look when I go the the US. So I suppose I just have to be patient and wait until I get there. If the first store don´t have what I´m looking for they might be able to call the other stores and ask.

I see. I would highly recommend you go to the Chanel boutique instead of the department store to get started in this case. The boutique normally have more selections to chose from in terms of color, hardwares and size. Since you will be visiting a few cities, you should be able to find what you want in one of the store. Good luck!

Thanks Christy for all your help. Do you or anyone else know how much VAT that needs to be added to the bag prices in the US? Here VAT is already included on all products.