Shopmom's day in San Fran....& Hermes!

I'm up....I'm up. Having my first coffee of the morning and checking in with you guys.....4 more hours until Hermes opens. 4 more hours until I can call and make sure Jose holds onto that beauty until I can get there on Friday. Ugh. Why do these high end stores open so late in the mornings?!?!?!?!

I KNOW! I just can't get there before then......:sad:

I had all of 4 hours of sleep last night because of this baby....Four short hours. yikes.....

thank god Madame Kelly arrives today from Zurich. She'll hold me over until Friday....:heart:

shopmom411 said:
I KNOW! I just can't get there before then......:sad:

I had all of 4 hours of sleep last night because of this baby....Four short hours. yikes.....

thank god Madame Kelly arrives today from Zurich. She'll hold me over until Friday....:heart:

I was wondering why you're still here and not at the store. It's ok, it'll be there for you when you finally get there :yes:

shopmom411 said:
No I did NOT come home with anything THIS time....but I did enough damage anyway....:yes:

Let me back up a little.... I'm sick. Have been sick with some kind of hacking cough and slight congestion for a few days. And, today I woke up and said to myself, "I'm fed up with shuffling around this house in my fuzzy Lucy slippers and bad pajamas. I need to spruce myself up and take Mizz Kelly out somewhere!" So, off we went to our favorite shopping store.....where Mizz Kelly always gets a nod of acknowledgement and I get to see stuff hidden away in the basement.

And, actually it was a good thing I went (I think) because the minute I walked into the store, Jose pulled me aside and whispered "I've been holding something for you for days....I lost your phone number....ssshhhhhh follow me." or something to that effect. The time he spent rummaging around for whatever he was holding for me, I spent making sure I looked at all the bags on display for a concise report to you guys later on.

Anyway out comes a gorgeous orange box and with great fanfare he pulls out a 32cm Black Evergrain (or Evercalf) Kelly with silver hw that was pretty dang gorgeous. Of course I drooled, took it all over the store, oood and aaaad over it and then said, "Ya got anything else? Something, oh say, in 28cm?" and away he went again. Back with another orange box and with more fanfare out comes a 28cm Black Box Kelly with brushed gold hw in rigid construction which a day or so ago I would have fallen all over myself and sold my teen to the devil for. But not now. Not when I've decided that I should have a 28cm Kelly in a color. So, back he went for a little "something else"...."wait 'til you see this one....." he says.

And sure enough, he comes back with yet another orange box and with even greater fanfare than before (because this was his peice de resistance, after all) out comes the most gorgeous bag I have really ever seen in my life! When I saw that bag, it was beyond love at first site....it was.....I don't even KNOW what it was. But the bag is a 28cm Caramel Sellier (yes...another one....must be my Hermes karma) of Coromadel (?) leather with white stitching and it is a beauty. I couldn't even SEE anything else. I was gone, gone, gone.

It was then that I said, "Hold it for me, Jose. I've gotta catch my breath. I've gotta go home and get the checkbook" because I purposefully left the checkbook AND all the credit cards at home....to be safe....so I wouldn't buy anything.

And on top of all that, I got the extra thrill of catching a glimpse of Mr. CEO himself who was there visiting from the New York store....you know....to check up on how things are going in the San Fran boutique. Very, very cute by the way. Good dresser.

So that's the whole story, gals. I've got a 28cm Caramel Kelly with white stitching in some leather I can't spell OR pronounce on hold for me while I decide what to do.....

What should I do?????

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

ok this is going to sound ridiculously funny but when i read your post, i honestly started developing a fever. swear to god. that's how excited i got (either that or my cold...) i hope you get it. you lucky gal... i'm so jealous (but in a good way, of course.:flowers: )

OMG!!!! What's going on?!!! Never been so excited in my life reading this thread last night (darn Southern Hemisphere time zones!). I have been hanging out ALL DAY to get back on the PF to hear the good news. :roflmfao:
It's unbelievable serendipity you have with the rare sellier kelly, shopmom. They must all want you as a mom; they keep throwing themsleves at you! What's a gal to do? :lol:

That baby is coming home this week-end!:yes: I can barely wait....:love: :love: :love:

I guess I do love not only the Kelly but the Sellier construction too....that combination seems to strike me right away for some reason - ya just gotta roll with it!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wonder what'll happen when I'm ready for the Birkin and the Rouge H in some fabby leather presents itself....will I feel the same way about that bag as I do about this one?????? I wonder. Is it possible to be just a Kelly Junkie? With a smattering of Plumes and Bolides in yummy colors for that extra spark and sizzle?

hmmmmm....i wonder..... :shame: