Shoplifting Squirrel Steals 'Kinder Surprise' Eggs

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Shoplifting Squirrel Steals 'Kinder Surprise' Eggs

AP​
Just hand over the Kinder eggs and nobody gets hurt.

Everyone loves "Kinder Surprise" chocolate eggs -- even a squirrel in Finland, who has taken to shoplifting them from a grocery store.

A squirrel in Finland is nuts about "Kinder Surprise" chocolate eggs -- so much so it has taken to shoplifting them from a grocery shop.

Even worse, the furry varmint is a repeat offender, going into the store in Jyvaskyla at least twice a day to steal the treats.
The candies, which are made by the Italian company Ferrero, take the form of a hollow chocolate egg containing a toy in a capsule inside. They are intended for children -- "Kinder" translates as "children" in German -- and are hugely popular in Europe where the toys have even become collectors items among adults.

The manager Irene Lindroos, who has dubbed the bushy-tailed thief the "Kinder squirrel," told Reuters that the animal always goes straight for the Kinder eggs. "Other sweets do not seem to interest it as much," she said. Surprisingly for an animal which is supposed to like nuts so much, it appears to prefer the plain chocolate Kinder eggs over other products by the company, such as Ferrero Rocher chocolates which contain a whole hazelnut.

"It removes the foil carefully, eats the chocolate and leaves the store with the toy," Lindroos said. However the tiny delinquent -- who clearly has no social conscience -- leaves the wrappers behind.

Awww, I've been hearing the most funniest cutest stories about squirrles recently! I'll never forget that time I actually petted a baby squirrel.. it was very soft LOL!

Awww..What a cute story! :smile: I love squirrels and even raised one from a baby when I was younger. Apparently his mother had died..not sure. I literally found him on my doostep when I was awoken at 3:00 in the morning by his crying. I fed him puppy formula in a pet nurser bottle. Anyway his name was Rocky (yes as in Rocky & Bullwinkle..LOL) and he lived for over 14+ years. I miss him!

^OMG such a cute story! Rocky was a lucky little guy :smile:

How big did he get? I would LOVE to see a pic!

I am nuts for squirrels (pun intended! LOL)

Omg, so funny. :nuts:

Where I work we have Kinder Surprise Eggs right in front at the cashier and we had the same thing happen to us with a little mouse :roflmfao:

It was so funny, I don't know how often I have thrown that little fellow out of our store during last summer. He was super tame and not even bothered by all the people lining up to pay.
He was always sitting there between the eggs, munching on the chocolate. No matter how often I carried him out or around the corner or wherever, half an hour later he was back again, climbing the sweets shelf. :love: Then he stopped coming though. I miss him :sad: