Shopbop's new prepaid return shipping

Chanel 0407

Aug 16, 2008
Hi just curious if anyone else out there has used Shopbop.com's new free return shipping. I shipped a package out with their new prepaid label on March 1st and they still can't tell me if they received the package. My return was like $612 and they don't seemed concerned about it at all. I'm very worried so I keep trying to contact them but unfortunately they don't have any updates.

Shopbop is located in Madison, WI. I live in Milwaukee, WI and I know that its a 1 day shipping lane. 3/1 - 3/19 is a very large window for Milwaukee to Madison considering its only 1 hour away. I've been shopping at shopbop.com since 2006 and have never had problems before with returns. They always are processed with 2 weeks or less. Does anyone else have any feedback. Do you think I'm overreacting?

I'm going through this, but with another retailer. I think it should be okay because you have used their label which they should have a record of in their system. I would imagine that it would be tracked somehow. I would wait a bit to see how it plays out.

I myself sent a return via USPS and failed to track it or use delivery confirmation (stupid me) and now the retailer claims they haven't received it. I think I may be screwed...

Shopbop says because I didn't write the number down they don't have record of it. As far as I'm concerned it is the stores responsibility since they are paying the freight they take ownership of it at that time.

I agree :yes:...but its up to them to refund, which they likely won't until they receive the merchandise. I would call them again. There is no way they can be providing shipping labels and don't keep a record of them. I'm not sure if you requested it through their website or if it came in your package already, but whenever I request a shipping label from endless or zappos I am sent an email confirming as such. I would say your ultimate recourse is a charge back by your CC.

Shopbop says because I didn't write the number down they don't have record of it. As far as I'm concerned it is the stores responsibility since they are paying the freight they take ownership of it at that time.

I think I learned my lesson. I called and asked to talk to a supervisor and she told me for some reason the ship all the returns down to a logistics company in Texas. Then they sit in large crates until the returns are sorted out. They then ship them back to Madison. After that it can take about 1 week for shopbop to process the return.

She said she would watch it and if I don't receive return confirmation by Wed she will go ahead and process my return. I will wait until Wed and see what happens. I agree, I would not use this label again for high ticket items and if I do use it I will make sure to write down the 5 digit tracking number. Supposedly you can track it on their website.

I haven't had good experience with ShopBopp whatsoever. Been so disappointed in them and their service. Funny, I never knew that Amazonn owned them. Wow, I was shocked.

I am going through this very same thing with shopbop! OP what ended up happening for you? I live in FL and its been now 10 business days and they claim not to have my items either (totalling almost $600) and all they keep telling me is I should have written down that number and I should "watch out" for an email letting me know they have the return. I have been a customer there for a long time (well before they did these labels) and never had a problem. And the other stores that use prepaid labels I've never had a tracking number to even write down so stupid me I didnt jot this one down because I didnt even realize it was there. Now I'm thinking im prob. screwed... although I guess I could do a chargeback but wont the CC ask for "proof" of shipment? Which i dont have because i used their prepaid label?

I returned some items to shopbop using the prepaid label on March 24th. I received a confirmation email regarding my return on April 5th. I must say that I was very nervous using the prepaid label so I did make a copy of the label before shipping the item. I hope everything works out for you.

You were smart to do that! I was so used to sending the items back myself that I just jotted down when i shipped it on my order form. I just spoke to another CS person and she was so rude...basically told me I was an idiot for not copying down the number and they dont link any tracking to the orders (which in my opinion is totally irresponsible). Plus i feel stupid enough now lol...i didnt need her to rub it in.

I also sent mine back on 3/24 but have yet to get an email...where did you mail it from? She also told me that I should get the email by Fri because they labels are "completely reliable." We'll see...and im never making this mistake again :smile:

me too, i also sent a return via USPS and didnt buy the delivery confirmation service ( yes, i am stupid too:noggin:) and now i had the same situation. sigh.......i think i couldnt get my money back anymore......

My return was finally received by Shopbop on 3/24 and my card has been credited. It took over 3 weeks and I must say that's the longest return transit ever in all my internet purchases. I mean really???? I live in WI and shopbop is located in WI!!!! Peanut0216, they made me feel stupid too for not writing the tracking down but I have learned my lesson. Anyways, I think shopbop has a slight flaw in their new system if I must say. I mean who the hell doesn't link the shipping tracking to the invoice number, Revolve and Gilt.com do? Shopbop is a huge e-tailer and I think they better make some CS upgrades to stay competitive, JMO.

My return was finally received by Shopbop on 3/24 and my card has been credited. It took over 3 weeks and I must say that's the longest return transit ever in all my internet purchases. I mean really???? I live in WI and shopbop is located in WI!!!! Peanut0216, they made me feel stupid too for not writing the tracking down but I have learned my lesson. Anyways, I think shopbop has a slight flaw in their new system if I must say. I mean who the hell doesn't link the shipping tracking to the invoice number, Revolve and Gilt.com do? Shopbop is a huge e-tailer and I think they better make some CS upgrades to stay competitive, JMO.

That's good to hear! I was starting to get nervous about my return that I shipped out last Thursday. I can't believe it took three weeks, if I knew it was going to take that long I would have just shipped it out on my own.