SHOPBOP Shipping Preferences to Canada – something to consider... or not?

I just bought a $24 skirt from them and chose to pre-pay the taxes/fees/etc (ended up being $7). I got my item 2 days after I placed the order!!! SO happy with this. And no extra fees on top either. UPS just dropped off the box at my front door.

I figured the $7 was worth the super fast delivery time. Next time I'll definitely consider that pre-paid fees option...

^ I was thinking that too. I used the USPS option (the 3rd one) and it took a long time although, being Christmas, I didn't have to pay any fees when it arrived... and it came in a box! A teeny-tiny necklace came in a big box - boxes usually grab the attention of customs. So I was lucky this time.

If I had pre-paid the fees, it would have been $10 or $12 more - it may be worth it in the future.

^ Yes, I thought the $7 for me was worth it. I had wanted to wear the skirt for a trip I'm going on next week and didnt think it'd arrive in time, but I'm so thrilled it did!!

If it was just random clothing I'm not in a rush for, I'll consider USPS next time as well.

Ok, so what do you do when you choose the USPS option and your package does not arrive??? I've ordered manymany times from Shopbop using this option and have never had a problem until now! I am still waiting on my BIGEVENT sale package. :sad: I made 2 orders, actually, and one of them arrived but the other did not. Thankfully there was only one item in the missing package, but it was still over $100.

Anyone have experiences with this?

Updating this... My package from the end of November has still not arrived. Since it was past the 20 business days, they gave me a refund!

I feel better choosing the USPS option now that I know I'm not SOL if a package does go missing!

I usually choose USPS for more expensive items, and get less duty than the prepaid quote. But recently, I picked UPS for a Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet I got for $18, and didn't pay any duty and got it in 2 days!

Updating this... My package from the end of November has still not arrived. Since it was past the 20 business days, they gave me a refund!

I feel better choosing the USPS option now that I know I'm not SOL if a package does go missing!
Wow - that's great!

I usually choose USPS for more expensive items, and get less duty than the prepaid quote. But recently, I picked UPS for a Kenneth Jay Lane bracelet I got for $18, and didn't pay any duty and got it in 2 days!
I wonder if the busy Christmas season had something to do with it. I didn't pay anything the last 2 months with all my shopping. The rest of the year... I get hit every time!

Bumping this up, turns out shopbop refunded me some of the prepaid taxes/fees/duties for one of my purchases! I think I had paid ~$20 in fees for a pair of $60 shoes from them. Hefty I know but I wanted them quick. They ended up only refunding me about $1, but at least it's something.

On the other hand, I purchased about $150 worth of stuff from them recently and chose the USPS option. I received the package in exactly 2 weeks and paid HST + $5 handling.

I find their USPS option very, very slow. I'm waiting for two more shipments and it's been more than 2 weeks.

The last few times I ordered was around Christmas so I assumed the 3 week delivery was because of that - but what is the reasoning this time?

I keep saying that the next time i will use the 2 day option and just pay upfront... lol

I just went through this - I ordered a pair of shoes from shopbop, and chose option 1 - the cost of the shoes was $195 and upon checkout I was charged another $63.00 for duties/taxes, etc. Shipping was free.

However, the shoes didn't fit - I returned them and only received $195 back as a refund. I call and they tell me that they don't have anything to do with the customs - it isn't their problem. I am like "what???? I paid it to you???" They didn't care. Very rude. I am definitely filing a chargeback.

My friend said that you have to go through Canada Customs for that. I don't know where she found the website, but maybe look into it. It seems like you need to show the original receipt (plus taxes/duty) and then the confirmation of return.

USPS is definitely the way to go. FedEx always charges hefty brokerage fees.

But the first option is completely pre-paid... we don't owe anything more at the door. I actually find the charges to be reasonable (according to what I see at check-out.)

If I pay with USPS at the door, it comes to about the same as what I would have paid if I prepaid.

Nevertheless, I still use the USPS option in hopes of not getting any charges and I wait and wait and wait...

I just bought a Mackage coat from them. It was around $160, it came after 2 weeks and I was charged about $30 duties. This was definitely a first, since I always pick USPS, and usually it comes within the week and no duties at all.

Hi does anybody know if the free postal delviery option charges alot of taxes or has used it recently? I just ordered off their website two handbags using that option that takes longest and does not provide a tracking number but the representative on the telephone did not mention any companies like USPS they only said they use UPS, DHL and some other new company which leaves me to feel worried and concerned about what type of crazy charges I will be in for upon the arrival of my item. Especially since I have shipped it to my aunts house instead of my own to keep it private from my mother knowing hehe. Anyways do they leave the package at the post office if your not home to get it ?