SHOPBOP Shipping Preferences to Canada – something to consider... or not?

Hi ladies,

Just thought I'd pop in with a review of my latest Shopbop shipment.

I ordered 3 items totalling $210.00 using the USPS choice (no tracking) on Nov 08. They were literally just delivered via my Canada Post mail carrier free of charge.

So if you can wait a couple of weeks for your delivery, this is the way to go.

^ Thanks! I doubt I will be so lucky as to not paying any taxes... but I'll give USPS a try!

Your welcome. I was intrigued with the new delivery choices they offered, but after evaluating the cost it was an easy decision. Lol

Even if you get charged, my past levies with Shopbop/USPS have been minimal and worth the payment. I hope yours are the same.

Here's a partial update -

My item went on a sale so I bought it. The item was now $86.40 USD. In checkout I could see that $10.37 was added to my total if I picked the first option of Global -- do you think I should go back and edit my shipping choice? I picked USPS but maybe I should pick the first option - Will it only be $10.37??

Is there a way to cancel an order online like you can with Revolve (assuming it hasn't shipped) - I can't see where to do it with Shopbop.

Edit to add - they won't let me cancel or change the shipment and I just ordered, it hasn't shipped. I don't like Shopbop anymore. lol

Last edited:
I don't like Shopbop anymore. lol

haha jayne1! i'm about 98% sure that you won't get charged any additional fees at the door.

i'm really on the fence about making an order because of the whole shipping option thing. i really want the AWang diego bucket bag + tory burch wallet for mom (especially now that they've got that great sale going!) so my total is going to be around $800 without tax. (edit: prepaid customs/duties is $154 which means in the end i'm only saving $95 with the BIGEVENT coupon)

do you think orders at a higher cost are more likely to get charged customs? I just don't want to wait for a long time and end up having to pay the same amount as the 1-3 day shipping. especially because part of my order is a Xmas gift! any input would be fantastic!

Last edited:
^ That's exactly what I was thinking! Maybe I should take the first and fast option and just pay $10.37 upfront.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I will be charged more at the door. Every time I order from Revolve (it's 50-50 whether I get charged at the door) I have to pay more than $10 on an $80 item. Usually around $15-$17.00.

Anyway, it's too late for me to change it because Shopbop does not allow cancelations or changes. That is stupid! They haven't even shipped it yet but they are willing for me to send it back to them free of charge?

Ok, so what do you do when you choose the USPS option and your package does not arrive??? I've ordered manymany times from Shopbop using this option and have never had a problem until now! I am still waiting on my BIGEVENT sale package. :sad: I made 2 orders, actually, and one of them arrived but the other did not. Thankfully there was only one item in the missing package, but it was still over $100.

Anyone have experiences with this?

I placed another order today, again, choosing the USPS (no tracking) option.

My total including discount is $230.00.

I'll update when I receive the delivery. :smile:

** update **

Just rec'd my shipment - it's taken 20 business days which is a lot longer than norm, however predictable at this time of year.

As well, no freebies this time. The levy was $30.00.

Last edited: