Shop alone or with another/others?

i shop alone if i decide to take a detour to the mall after work. if not i'm usually shopping with my bf or one of my best gf's. however, since i'm moving to sf this weekend, i have a feeling i will be shopping alone more now than ever since i will be living right by union square and working there too!

If I'm going to buy something expensive, I DEFINITELY shop alone--I don't like being questioned about my purchases or given a guilt trip. But I do have fun shopping with friends, but for more "normal" stuff.

ranskimmie said:
I alway tend to shop alone. Not by my choice but because my friends have no interest in it. And they all think purses are a waste of $$$. What I would give for one day with a girlfriend to go purse crazy shopping with, and not feel guily because Im looking at bags over $20, and ultimately buying another dream bag.

Same here-my friends could care less about purses and would die if they knew what I spent! I'm going to NYC with my sis in law next month and am DYING because I would love to do some serious handbag shopping! I love her to death but there is NO WAY I could make a big handbag purchase in front of her. Shopping alone is preferred-noone to make you feel bad:biggrin:

I tend to shop alone, especially when I know what I am looking for and can just pop into a store and right out. I prefer to shop with friends if I don't know what I'm looking for...I feel less pressure to buy something when I'm with someone I trust. And no, I rarely ever shop with my boyfriend. If we somehow end up at a mall together, it's best that there is a bookstore in there so we can meet up later. Usually, some form of bribery is involved if he ends up shopping with me.

If I'm purchasing something important (purse, formal wear, shoes) then I prefer to shop alone but if it's shopping for going out clothes then it's funner shopping with my girlfriends. I try to drag my boyfriend to the mall, but he gets bored too quickly so I let him stay at home!

i love to shop alone. that way i can take my time looking through whatever i want in any store. my friends don't shop in the same places as i do, so when they're with me they're like fish out of water :amuse:. when i'm not alone i usually shop with my best girlfriend, who has pretty much the same tastes as i do.

i like to shop with my boyfriend, though, because he always gives his opinions when i have trouble deciding between multiple items, and he carries my shopping bags for me :biggrin:!

i can't shop for anything except groceries with my boyfriend...he's one of those DIY people that, whenever i say i like something, he's like "aww, don't get that, what's it made of? i could make it! let me give it a shot!" all i wanna say is 'no, sweetie, you can't make this out of toothpicks and tin foil, you're not mcgyver...'

but that might make him sad, lol.

I always shop with my best guy friend :biggrin: He is totally straight but is always happy to give an opinion on a bag or clothes etc. He'd be perfect bf material if he weren't such a good friend!

I definitely prefer to shop alone, especially if I don't exactly have anything in mind that I want to purchase. I like to take my precious time and try on everything that I like, then I like to examine how it fits on me and if it will be worth the price it is. THEN I'll walk around some more thinking about what I decided on and I'll end up finding more stuff so a usual shopping trip for me is at least 3 hrs, and this is in one store. If I go with people, I'll tend to just browse and not buy because I don't want them critizing me about how I spend my money.

I also like going shopping with my mom, she's awesome.

Can't shop with my boyfriend though, he doesn't give a rat's ass about anything I want to buy!

I can shop alone or with 20 people with me. I just love to shop period :P . DH can't go with me b/c he says I take to long. His limit is 20 min. Thats just my first look through the store!