Shop alone or with another/others?

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
A lot of my friends don't really share my .. erm, retail vices so I usually go with my brother (who is also a big spending fiend) or my mom (who doesn't really approve but she won't say anything about it).

Dec 14, 2005
USA
My husband hates shopping!! After ten minutes he's ready to go. I usually like to go by myself or with my mom. The two of us could shop for hours and not get bored or tired.

pseub

Bonne vivante
O.G.
Oct 24, 2005
Los Angeles
www.unefemme.net
Alone, mostly because few of my friends share my taste and pocketbook. Plus, shopping is one way I unwind sometimes (even when I don't buy a thing) and when I'm with someone else I'm always worrying that they're getting bored or else I'm getting bored as they try on that 10th pair of Uggs.....:amazed:

Jadore

Shoe Addict
Dec 31, 2005
nyc
I like shopping alone because,im one of those people who take a long time to purchase one thing...I literally go into dressing rooms with 8 pairs of jeans,and 7 shirts,and most of the time ending up with one pair of jeans,or shirt. If I brought a friend they would probably get tired fast. I love shopping with my mom though she has great taste.

meegs223

Oct 21, 2005
Honestly, my boyfriend is pretty much the only person I'll go shopping with. He likes shopping just as much as I do! He has the best taste and is always honest about stuff, unlike some of my girlfriends haha. Plus he normally buys me a thing or two when were out together ;)

Blue824

Jan 9, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think it is interesting that so many of us prefer shopping alone.

I like going alone but then I have to have a fashion show when I get back, to either a friend, bf or my mom. Actually, my mom is great to shop with, she'll wait forever for me to try things on and is really honest. I hate shopping with people that aren't honest about hwo things look! My bf will come, but I can tell he gets bored, even if he doesnt complain. If I go shopping with most friends, I feel uncomfortable...well, like if I'm spending a lot of money. I find that if I go with friends we just browse and buy very little...so I end up having to go back anyway! I hate having people wait for me, I feel like they'll get bored (unless it is my mom or bf), and under most circumstances I get bored waiting on other people.

Kat

Dec 13, 2005
I'd rather shop alone than with girlfriends.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping with my husband. We have such a great time together no matter what we're shopping for. He's a blast to hang out with.

jenn

Hiya
Feb 18, 2006
I totally prefer to shop alone. Anyone else cramps my style. But, I prefer going out to eat with others!

Minnie

O.G.
Jan 25, 2006
NJ,US
I like to go shopping with my mom. Not because I am not old enough to go alone, lol, but because I value her opinions. She wants me to look the best and she will critic everything down to a mm. I love going shopping with my bf too because he has good taste for a man and I THINK it is important to get a male opinion on clothes, sometimes us woman can get caught up in a trend that is truly silly and doesn't fit us and the men can put us back into our place helpin gus realize how silly it may be.

attorney-wife

Jan 23, 2006
I love to shop with my best friend. She turned me into the designer whore that I am!:nuts::nuts: The hubby would rather get a root canal than go shopping with me:Push:

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
Kat said:
I'd rather shop alone than with girlfriends.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping with my husband. We have such a great time together no matter what we're shopping for. He's a blast to hang out with.
That is such a lovely thing to hear! Most women don't want their husbands anywhere around when they shop.

SuzyZ

Francophile
Nov 2, 2005
Miami
I have to shop alone, I take forever and don't want anyone rushing me - also, I am not interested in what my friends are shopping for and don't want to compromise my experience - that sounds *****y but it keeps friendships healthy.

KK

O.G.
Sep 22, 2005
I prefer shopping alone. I am efficient, I walk into a shop, I know if I like it or not within seconds then move on to the next one. My husband doesn't necessarily like shopping but he's not bad when we shop together. He's very patient and actually encourages me to try things on. I think it's because I am patient and encouraging to him too when he shops. I actually don't really enjoy shopping with my girlfriends because either they are too polite and do not tell me if something doesn't look good on you or they just do not have the same taste. I did have a couple of girlfriends whom I enjoyed shopping with but we live too far apart now, don't I miss them.

pursedoc

O.G.
Jan 2, 2006
most of my friends won't spend $$$ on bags- so i have to shop alone! but it's fun- no pressure, and i end up with exactly what i want.