Shooting star Kelly on ebay.fr

I saw a listing like that once and wrote to the seller about the shooting star. He stated that the person who sold it to him worked for Hermes. Is it true that a shooting star bag CANNOT be serviced by H? Or do I have that wrong. For what it's worth, the seller on ebay didn't have a clue about the marking.

Maybe it is a former employee selling their Hermes- I don't think there is any rule against doing that.

According to Dana Thomas's book, shooting star bags aren't allowed to be sold (1st or 2nd hand) at all. This supposedly would get the employee in big trouble - especially since their ID is stamped on it.... but I guess that's if it's reported.

I saw a listing like that once and wrote to the seller about the shooting star. He stated that the person who sold it to him worked for Hermes. Is it true that a shooting star bag CANNOT be serviced by H? Or do I have that wrong. For what it's worth, the seller on ebay didn't have a clue about the marking.

Yes, I want to know as well. It's so rare to come across one of these, I'm kinda want to have a shooting star on my bag.