Shoild I sell the Chanel boy to get a reissue?

Jun 20, 2016
Hello! I like my Chanel boy in new medium in black caviar leather. However I'm debating on whether I should get a black 2.55 reissue in small as I already have a black classic jumbo. I think the size of my boy is too big as I originally got it because I didn't think I would ever be able to find my black jumbo in chevron caviar. I also feel the reissue may be more classic and less trendy. However I also have a black mini and feel that perhaps a 2.55 small would fit as much as a mini - in which case maybe I should just keep the boy. What do you guys think? I still used boy when I want a casual looking shoulder bag. :smile:

A small reissue definitely fits more than a mini... I feel like there is still a small, medium, and large version of reissues out there along with a mini. Formerly known as a 225, 226, and 227.... the mini was the 224. I'm a fan of the reissue, as much as I like the boy bags I have concern that they may not stand the test of time like cc and reissue flaps have and will continue to.... I'd love to get a boy WOC but I think that when it comes to a full size bag I'd always chose a reissue over a boy.

Reactions: jpezmom
A small reissue definitely fits more than a mini... I feel like there is still a small, medium, and large version of reissues out there along with a mini. Formerly known as a 225, 226, and 227.... the mini was the 224. I'm a fan of the reissue, as much as I like the boy bags I have concern that they may not stand the test of time like cc and reissue flaps have and will continue to.... I'd love to get a boy WOC but I think that when it comes to a full size bag I'd always chose a reissue over a boy.

Thank you for your reply. I really do like my boy, but I feel like the re-issue is more classic as well. I'm wondering if I just feel like i'm missing a size in my collection, or if I'm just pining for a reissue. Thank again!

I have the small Reissue and the mini. Definitely more room in the Reissue. I love them both. They are my most used bags. I'd sell the Boy. The Reissue is more classic and refined. When I try on the Boy, it's always too boxy and I feel like I'm trying too hard to be hip.

Do you have the mini and small re-issue in the same color? I have a black rectangular mini and would want a black re-issue to replace my black boy. Do you feel that it's too redundant to have both in black?

I would only sell if I dont use it/not liking it after using it, and if I get a good price to let it go. 2.55 reissue should be able to fit more than the mini rectangular, though not a lot more due to the double flap. Perhaps you want to check them out in your nearest boutique & see if you like them?

I love boy & reissue, & i think both of them has a different purpose on my outfits.

I have a black Reissue and a charcoal gray rectangle mini. I just sold my small black classic flap because it was too much black. But I don't think a mini and a Reissue both in black is too redundant. Different looks. I would buy a black mini if I stumbled on one. I'd love to get my hands on a four hole black mini one day.

Do you have the mini and small re-issue in the same color? I have a black rectangular mini and would want a black re-issue to replace my black boy. Do you feel that it's too redundant to have both in black?

Hello! I like my Chanel boy in new medium in black caviar leather. However I'm debating on whether I should get a black 2.55 reissue in small as I already have a black classic jumbo. I think the size of my boy is too big as I originally got it because I didn't think I would ever be able to find my black jumbo in chevron caviar. I also feel the reissue may be more classic and less trendy. However I also have a black mini and feel that perhaps a 2.55 small would fit as much as a mini - in which case maybe I should just keep the boy. What do you guys think? I still used boy when I want a casual looking shoulder bag. :smile:
You already answered your question. Go with the re-issue. The look of the re-issue will be around forever.

I personally think they are such different bags that you can't really substitute one for the other. I have a boy, a vanity and my eye is on the reissue next. [emoji4] That being said, I think that you know in your heart of hearts what you'll use more - and if you're not using your boy there is no need for it to sit around and collect dust. Good luck in your decision!