Shoes with this dress/earrings/clutch?

plusfashion

Jun 30, 2010
I recently just bought the below dress for a semiformal function.
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3107194?origin=category&resultback=5770

The picture is of the earrings I'm planning on wearing and the color of the clutch I will carry.

5wy1qb.jpg

First, do you think the earrings/clutch work? If so, what shoes do you think would work with this? If not, what do you think would be better?

If it means anything, I'm plus size & 6ft, so I'd like the heel no taller than 3.5 inches.

Thanks so much. I'm excited to hear what you all have to say!

I think that if you are wearing a pop of color in your earrings & clutch, then I would go with a black shoe. How about those earrings, with a gold clutch and black shoes?

Ooh that sounds like a pretty outfit! I think the dress (which is gorg btw) has enough going on that you can go boring with the shoes. Also, the lace on top and your red earrings will draw the eyes to the face, so I feel like embellished shoes would just be a distraction.

Those are all really gorgeous, but I want to find something under 4 inches (not including platforms...for example 4 1/2 heel with 3/4platform I'm not interested in). I'm 6ft and I'd rather be an inch or so shorter than my date. haha, probably stupid thinking, but oh well. :]