Shoes to wear with designer jeans?

1. This may seem like a stupid question for some of you but I do need some help. I just bought my first pair of designer jeans, and may go get another this weekend. I don't really want to wear shoes with a really high heel because that is not that practical for my lifestyle (I have small children). But I also know you are not supposed to wear flats either. The jeans I got are bootcut. Please help me by posting pictures or websites of shoes you would suggest I wear. I really need some fashion advice from you experts. What shape toe looks best with jeans? See.. I am clueless... HELP!:shrugs:

2. I normally wear flats or sneakers with my designer jeans, and I think it looks fine! I rarely wear heels even though I'm only around five feet tall.

3. What about a mid-heel with a pointy toe?

4. I agree, pointy toe looks really good with bootcut jeans as it elongates your leg. That was the advice I always saw in magazines and TV shows (cf Oprah)

5. i wear flats or heels neither are no no's

6. The same shoes as non-designer jeans....

If you want to dress it up a bit and don't want a high heel, then go with lower pointy toes.

7. A

8. According to last week's Oprah, a pointy shoe with medium to high heels to make you look slimmer...

9. Thanks ladies this is very helpful!

10. i wear flats.....

or flip flops...

11. What's wrong with flats? I think most designer jeans go well with trendy running shoes (the not-for-running running shoes by Camper, Adidas, Puma, etc.). If you can find something sleek and clean, that should do you good.

I'd also recommend thigh-high boots, especially if you've got a pair of the punky black-toned jeans that seem to be popular this season.

P.S. They'll be looking at your butt, not your feet. ;)

12. I wear ballet flats and pointy toe pumps with mine, depending on the length of the jean. I hem some of them shorter for the ballet flat/sneakers and saved a few for the 3+ inch heels for a more dressy feel.

13. I am glad to hear a lot of you wear flats. I had a SA tell me that flats don't look right with boot cut designer jeans. I should have know better than to listen to to her.

14. IMO, bootcut jeans are begging to be worn with some sort of heels, whether they be pointy-toe pumps or platforms or wedges or ankle boots. Bootcut jeans can make your legs look a mile longer when worn with heels (provided the hem nearly reaches the ground.

As much as I loooove ballet flats, flats should be saved for skinny jeans or skirts, IMO. They just don't look sharp with bootcut jeans. I think it is a fashion crime to let the hem drag on the ground (especially when the jeans cost $200).

15. pointy toe flats or a really nice elegant sandals

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice