Shoes: Next Luxe Purchase

7th House

Aug 18, 2020
OK lovelies! I need advise again.

I feel like this year, I bought a Piaget Rose bracelet, a Gucci belt to match my gucci marmont last year and a speedy 30. I'm missing a pair of luxe shoes this year (I made it a goal to purchase one jewelry, one bag and one shoes per year so as to not overspend!).

Now when it comes to shoes, I'm really liking Orans (I'm thinking either a gold or noir) just based on how it looks. It's timeless and just looks so comfy. But also, I'm thinking "go big or go home" and spend a bit more on my first luxe shoes/footwear and buy a Santorini which I thought is also super cute though a bit more expensive than Orans. Other options I have is Gucci matelasse sliders in black which will match my bag OR wild card - - Dior dway slides. Although, I don't have anything dior. I had a look at LV but none of their shoes seemed interesting for me.

Any tips in choosing my first pair? I always thought I wasn't ready to spend a thousand or so on shoes but... I'm finally ready now! ❤️

You should read up on threads here on shoes (and specifically Orans). Some people love them, while some people have lukewarm feelings because it's slippery.

Personally, they didn't look good on me, so I got the Oz mules, and I LOVE them so much :biggrin: I'm waiting for my SA to find me a pair of Day sneakers, and I'm debating on getting the Paris flats. Sounds like you want slippers/sliders though?

Last edited:
You should read up on threads here on shoes (and specifically Orans). Some people love them, while some people have lukewarm feelings because it's slippery.

Personally, they didn't look good on me, so I got the Oz mules, and I LOVE them so much :biggrin: I'm wearing for my SA to find me a pair of Day sneakers, and I'm debating on getting the Paris flats. Sounds like you want slippers/sliders though?
I have to check those out! I'm actually pretty flexible as long as they don't have killer heels because I have a toddler that I have to chase around whenever we go out haha the most important thing for me is comfort and something that I can really wear a lot! ❤️

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I prefer the Beach sandal, especially with mixed metallic, silver and gold. Super versatile for day and night. There’s a slight heel that makes walking more comfortable than Oran. You need to try on shoes before buying.

• Love
Reactions: 7th House
OK lovelies! I need advise again.

I feel like this year, I bought a Piaget Rose bracelet, a Gucci belt to match my gucci marmont last year and a speedy 30. I'm missing a pair of luxe shoes this year (I made it a goal to purchase one jewelry, one bag and one shoes per year so as to not overspend!).

Now when it comes to shoes, I'm really liking Orans (I'm thinking either a gold or noir) just based on how it looks. It's timeless and just looks so comfy. But also, I'm thinking "go big or go home" and spend a bit more on my first luxe shoes/footwear and buy a Santorini which I thought is also super cute though a bit more expensive than Orans. Other options I have is Gucci matelasse sliders in black which will match my bag OR wild card - - Dior dway slides. Although, I don't have anything dior. I had a look at LV but none of their shoes seemed interesting for me.

Any tips in choosing my first pair? I always thought I wasn't ready to spend a thousand or so on shoes but... I'm finally ready now! ❤️
I am not sure how your feet are - this will dictate how comfortable they are in Orans. My feet are fairly narrow and while Orans are pretty they are not the most comfortable. I have to walk very carefully in them. For me they are kind of car-to-restaurant shoes (and as an aside I don’t think they are great to drive in).

For chasing around a little kid, the Santorinis are probably much better given they have an ankle strap. They run large though so do try them carefully!

• Love
Reactions: 7th House
I’ve only tried them on, didn’t buy as they were so uncomfortable I was sure they would rub my feet raw, but as a mother of a young toddler myself, i don’t think Orans are a chase your kid around shoe. They are slippery and lack arch support. I personally wouldn’t carry my child while walking in them in case I take a tumble. The santorinis mentioned by cad33 would be a better option, but whether they are comfortable would depend on your feet

A great option if you like the oran style but need a strap and I think suits more feet is the santorini. I do like my oz mules as well but always worried i cannot walk a lot with them due to them slipping out. My orans are my office slippers nowadays.

View attachment 5581952
I saw on their website that they have gold, noir and rouge h in my size! I thought they're pretty cute and the strap will help if I'm running around chasing a toddler!

I prefer the Beach sandal, especially with mixed metallic, silver and gold. Super versatile for day and night. There’s a slight heel that makes walking more comfortable than Oran. You need to try on shoes before buying.
I want to try on the shoes but I'm a little bit nervous going in Hermes it's basically the first ever item I will purchase from them. I might not fit the kind of clientele they wanna have in store haha

I am not sure how your feet are - this will dictate how comfortable they are in Orans. My feet are fairly narrow and while Orans are pretty they are not the most comfortable. I have to walk very carefully in them. For me they are kind of car-to-restaurant shoes (and as an aside I don’t think they are great to drive in).

For chasing around a little kid, the Santorinis are probably much better given they have an ankle strap. They run large though so do try them carefully!
I thought about those straps. I wa slike hmmmm perfect. Lol are the front comfortable and doesn't hurt the feet as much as orans? It seems the leather on the top of santorini is a bit different than orans?

I’ve only tried them on, didn’t buy as they were so uncomfortable I was sure they would rub my feet raw, but as a mother of a young toddler myself, i don’t think Orans are a chase your kid around shoe. They are slippery and lack arch support. I personally wouldn’t carry my child while walking in them in case I take a tumble. The santorinis mentioned by cad33 would be a better option, but whether they are comfortable would depend on your feet
Thanks for this. Omg glad to hear your thoughts, having a toddler yourself. You know what it's like.... They just run away when not sitting in their pram. That means I have to be able to jump up and chase him without leaving my shoes behind hahaha

Thanks for this. Omg glad to hear your thoughts, having a toddler yourself. You know what it's like.... They just run away when not sitting in their pram. That means I have to be able to jump up and chase him without leaving my shoes behind hahaha

Indeed! Mine doesn’t like sitting in prams and will run off if something catches her attention so I have been doing a lot of chasing over the past few months XD And they only get faster as they grow!

I'm not experienced with Hermes shoes, but I highly recommend going to try them on in-stores and take photos.

For Orans, I have narrow feet but my feet look absolutely ugly in them. :crybaby:Which is so sad, because they look so cute! (but may be a blessing in disguise for my wallet. :lol:)

The only sandals I have are the famosa espadrilles and I love them! Very comfortable and no need to break in. But I would not use them to run. I think I started to chase my dog once in them and I could feel my feet slipping. :P

Good luck!

Last edited: