shoes from amazon.com

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
I've ordered a few pairs of shoes from amazon.com and i'm a bit baffled. Every pair i order seems to have something odd about the dyejob (i got a pair of frye ava's and the quality is NOT frye, and the dye is odd), the leather is ripped, or a string is coming out. These are $200-$400 shoes i'm buying, too, so the quality should be apparent (though they're steeply discounted). Do you think amazon gets them cheap because they're factory seconds? Anyone else have these problems?

well, i tried 2 pairs of the same Fryes (first had some odd spots on it, second had a 'zigzag' looking dyejob on it) as well as 2 other brands of shoes. One of the other brands had strings coming out of the inside (I checked the pair in stores and NO strings anywhere), and the last pair had a tear in the thin outer leather of the shoe. Barely noticeable, but to me it was blaring.

The last pair of shoes I ordered from Amazon (Camper Bianca pumps) were pristine, but I am so bummed out about the Treesje Asher Satcher in Smog I just received today. It's dirty (turning black on the bottom and sides) and since it's a semi-light color you can see it. I complained to customer service and am waiting to see what they say. It was on super discount, but still, if they say it's new it should look new!
I'm guessing these seemingly-defective merchandise have been sitting in the warehouse, or were bought and returned. Have you contacted customer service? I think they've been pretty receptive in the past to questions or complaints.

are the shoes from Amazon directly or from a third party seller selling their stuff through Amazon?

All the shoes and bags I've bought directly from Amazon (or through a reputable seller like eBags or macy's that sells through Amazon) have been pristine. The one time I got some scuffed "demo" quality shoes was a pair I bought from some small no-name store based on the East Coast, I think it was a brick and mortar shoe store trying to unload their inventory.

Contact customer service and avoid those questionable small sellers!