Shoes for sensitive feet

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had bunion surgery last year, and ever since, my feet have been very sensitive, they get sore very easily, the skin always irritated, prone to blistering and rubbing. I can wear heels again now, but only if they're supportive (e.g. block and wedges etc). I can't wear ballet pumps even though I love them e.g. French Sole as there just isn't enough support in them. I've been too embarrassed to try any designer shoes on recently, and ended up selling most of my Miu Mius and Marc Jacobs shoes in eBay as I just couldn't walk in them any more. I did manage to wear jimmy choo wedges for my wedding (but I had to have some ballet pumps from Coco Rose to change into later). My feet are making me feel old!

Any ideas what shoe brands I could try? Sick of living in Birks and trainers.

2. My advice would be to look at materials that have more 'give,' rather than brands for improved comfort. Try suede or satin shoes, and skip the patent.

3. What kind of shoes are you looking for? Born is the most comfortable brand of boots I've owned (more comfy than my frye) and I have some sandle wedges by sofft that are easy on my feet. Toms and jcrew have worked well for me for flats but they don't always have the best arch support.

4. Really need to build a whole new shoe wardrobe really. For years, I had to wear shoes a size larger because of my bunions. I work in quite a conservative environment, so tend to wear smart everyday shoes in classic colours eg black, navy and tan - I used to wear courts or Mary Janes with a heel, or a heeled brogue, but I can't wear heels all day anymore. I can wear wedges as long as they're not too high. Evening I've no idea what to wear.

Suede sounds like a good idea - would have to do some serious waterproofing thanks to the good old English weather :biggrin:

5. AGL makes the softest leather ever.

6. Taryn Rose was a podiatrist before designing shoes. My mom swears by Tod's winter gommini moccasins with the thick soles, not the flimsy driving ones. Robert Clergerie may have good support too.

7. I like Robert Clergerie as well. I have two pairs of good looking sandals at the moment. Chanel ballet flats are available in a Wider width and have good coverage over bunions. Ferragamo Vara pump or court shoe is available in. Wide width and an extra wide width and I like that model for bunion comfort and for providing a little lift. I do not care for the flat version though.

8. Thanks for the suggestions ladies, some gorgeous shoes in those brands, I have a very large wishlist now :biggrin:

9. Eileen Fisher make some really nicely constructed and padded shoes. You may need to try a few styles as the sizing (mostly the width) isn't always consistent between styles, but they are worth trying. Good luck!

10. Try Pedro Garcia for wedges, either the Fairly or Dorothy.

Aquatalia makes some nice weatherproof shoes (including suede) that are comfortable.

AGL or Lanvin for flats.

I know you said you don't really wear them anymore, but you might try Prada for blocked heels/Mary Janes. Great support and super comfortable

11. Arche have the only ballet flats I find comfy .... AGL had not worked for me for flats but have some wedges I love ....I also find a lot of Stuart Weitzman styles comfortable too... And another vote for Aquatalia for waterproof boots

12. Another vote for Stuart Weitzman. Every year they come out with a style made of a type of fabric (IDK what it's actually called) like a tough microfiber that has give but is still stylish for a casual shoe.

Donald Pliner also makes shoes with this material.

13. I've got some Stuart Weitzman evening sandals that are super comfortable so I will check them out. Arche stuff looks nice. Thanks for the suggestions.

14. AGL wedges! So soft, no break in period.

15. I have fort issues and find Tods loafers work very well for me. Not the drivers -- I don't know anyone wears them!