Shoe stretching!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone,

I'm new to TPF and a recent lover of CL (they are so addictive!) I just bought my second pair off of ebay, the leopard skin yoyo 100m (link here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350149454976&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123, you authenticated it for me!). I just received them today- and they are BEAUTIFUL! Right now, though, the size is a little too tight (my fault, but they are too beautiful to return).

I'm wondering if any of you have had this problem and what have you done to break in a shoe other than by wearing it? I think the shoe could stand to increase by .5-1 shoe size to be a comfortable fit.

I've read about shoe stretching oils, the wood inserts to stretch, and taking it to the shoe shop to have them fix it too but I would love to hear your opinion! I'm hesitant to try something without feedback because... well... they are CLs! Thank you all!

2. If you need them to stretch that much, I would take them to a cobbler.

3. Thanks so much! I'm so nervous that they may mess up the shoe though- they're generally trustworthy with this kind of stuff? I'm a newbie!

4. I don't think anyone has had any issues with this. It's a pretty basic thing for cobblers to do, and I'm sure they all do it the same way, so I wouldn't worry.

5. Great :smile: I'm so relieved there's an option to make the shoes more comfy... thanks Laureen (ps beautiful shoe collection- I'm so envious!)

6. Aw, thanks! Good luck with the shoes! You might want to try at home first, but I'm sure the cobbler can help. Beautiful shoes, btw, and congrats!

7. I like to use my shoe stretchers at home to stretch them a little bit (until they're nearly comfortable), and then finish by wearing them around the house a few hours a night. Wearing them around helps them mold to my feet, and helps make sure that they aren't stretched too much.