Shoe stretching -- are there any materials that SHOULDN'T be stretched?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi all,

I have a couple of pairs of shoes that have been sitting in the closet for awhile, they haven't been worn yet because the toe area is a little too small for me but I really do love the shoes.

I am considering taking them to a shoe repairman to have them stretched, but are there certain materials that shouldn't be stretched or have a higher risk of being ruined? Can man-made materials be stretched? (I have a pair of metallic silver flats that need to be stretched and I don't think it's patent nor leather).

If you've had your shoe stretched, did it feel a lot better afterwards? How much did it cost you per pair? Did the shoe look deformed slightly or did they come back looking the same, just more comfortable?

Thanks!

2. I think all materials can be stretch and not look deformed. The only problem is that patent leather and man made materials don't stretch as well - meaning once stretched, they'll just go back to their original shape.

Most places that stretch shoes use the same shoe stretchers as the ones you can get on www.footsmart.com for $15-30 a pair - only they spray them with a stretchy liquid too. I have some of these shoe stretchers and they do amazing wonders for my tight shoes after leaving them in there overnight.

3. Thanks goodmornin!