Shoe dustcovers... do you use them?

ivylouwho

Handbag Connoisseur!
O.G.
Jun 30, 2007
OC California
I know there was a thread or two about whether or not we store our shoes in their boxes.... which I do... But my question is, do you use the dustcovers? :shrugs:

I'm newer into the shoe obsession. I've had my handbag addiction for years and I ALWAYS keep my bags in their covers. I don't store my shoes in the bags, but I feel like I should. I just lay them over the top of the shoes in their boxes, the way the usually come.

Rockysmom

O.G.
May 24, 2008
Yes I do, especially because I have a few patent leather pieces and don't want them to get scuffed. The dustbags are great for travel. No worries about getting the dirty bottoms on anything.

mooks

May 4, 2007
I use the dustbags just for travel or storage in my bag but never when they are in the shoe box. I think it's better for the leather to breath a little in the box and wrapping the tissue back round protects them and allows any moisture to evaporate quickly

ivylouwho

Handbag Connoisseur!
O.G.
Jun 30, 2007
OC California
I use the dustbags just for travel or storage in my bag but never when they are in the shoe box. I think it's better for the leather to breath a little in the box and wrapping the tissue back round protects them and allows any moisture to evaporate quickly
Thats exactly what I was thinking, Thanks!

Speedster70

Fluevog-A-Holic
O.G.
Feb 17, 2009
Phoenix
Fluevog just started supplying dust covers last year, I keep all my Vog's in their boxes and the ones that have covers I place the cover over the tissue and under the shoes.

I have actually used my dust covers for other things though, my last trip I put my hair brushes in one. I've also used them to carry books that are going back to the library.

laurayuki

Rational Narcissist
Sep 11, 2008
Yes if you have the box to store it in i don't think you need to use the dust covers. I use it for traveling or taking it to the office.

However, i won't use the dust cover on my python stuff.. scared of the friction peeling off the scales. so i only store it in boxes :smile:

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
I wrap my shoes in tissue paper and then store them in the dustbags inside the boxes. A little anal but I like to keep my stuff pristine!

meggyg8r

killing them softly
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Florida
Thank you! Oh, and to make me even more anal, I also bought velvet shoe trees to keep the toes of the shoes properly formed. Sigh...

lily25

Hermèsistible
O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
When traveling, and when I go for pedicures because I change to flip flops.