Shoe Brands/Models Recommendation Needed for People with Wide Feet

Bear98

Nov 9, 2010
Because of my wide feet, it has been very difficult for me to find a good pair of comfortable shoes. Please let me know any brands and/or models are known for making comfortable (and stylish) shoes? Thank you!

Hey girls!

I'm pretty new here and have mostly hung out on the Ebay forum, but I thought I'd poke my head in here and get your opinion on shoe designers whose items might actually fit my feet! I have several of what they call "minor physical anomalies" of the foot that make shoe shopping a huge PITA...
-a wide foot (4.25" across at the bottom, measured when I step on a measuring tape. Lengthwise, I'm about an 8.5, but widthwise, easily a 10. I generally have to get 9-9.5s and hope they run wide) caused by...
-bunions on BOTH sides of the foot :sad: (giving my feet a diamond shape)
-"princess toes" (my 2nd toe is longer than the big toe)
-loose/hypermobile/collapsing arches (so, only when I bear weight, I have flat feet)
-thin skin that blisters very easily

I really don't have much in the way of a high-end shoe collection because of my extreme difficulty finding shoes that fit (I do like Coach and Sam Edelman, but I still have to size up to 9.5 or 10 and get those heel pads to shorten the fit, unless I'm dealing with a thong style), but if there are nice shoes out there for me, I'd love to branch out a bit! I recently found these Prada strappy heels off a couture swap-type site and was amazed that they actually fit (the lowest strap runs more over the toes and not my bunions, like most straps do), so I figure there must be something out there for me...

Thanks for your suggestions! :smile:

Hi there! I have wide feet too! Try to find the C width, for example 8C which will give you more space. I like Gucci, as their C sizes fit my feet well. Also, Chanel leather flats are comfy, you can get the toe box area stretched by a cobbler

It's just a sizing scale--B is "medium" or average width, A is narrow, AA is narrower, etc (like bra cups, sort of)--so when you go up the alphabet, C, D, E etc, the widths get wider. My dad wears EEE width shoes (wonder where I got my feet from?!)

:roflmfao: I definitely wouldn't mind swapping, so I'd end up with E bra cups and small B/A width feet! It would make shopping so much easier and I'd be the same dress size all over! lol!

Ferragamo has shoes in various widths, so you might be able to find something there. Stuart weitzman also has some styles that come in different widths. I also find that Taryn Rose shoes tend to run wide.

Ladies with wide feet, how do you find stylish shoes that won't cause excruciating pain to your wide feet?

- What size/width are you?

- Do you get your shoes stretched, by a cobbler or DIY? How much have you been able to stretch them by?

- What brands make wide shoes? What about brands that make shoes that tend to fall on the wide side?

- Do you get shoes custom-made? By who?

- What else do you do to land the shoes of your dreams while still keeping foot pain to a minimum?

I have wide feet (never had them measured width-wise, but I'm guessing they're WW, because even W width shoes can feel tight on me), as well as small feet (size 5.5). As a result, my shoe collection is tiny, as it's nearly impossible to find shoes that are WW in size 5.5/6 and that are cute/stylish.

Surprisingly, I've had the most success overall with UGG shoes (I don't wear their "man boots", but they do have seasonal offerings that can be quite cute). I also now only buy leather shoes, because they tend to stretch out the most. But, not all leather is created equal, and some leathers seem to never budge a millimeter, no matter how many times I wear them. It's for this reason that I don't wear patent.

Who else feels my pain (literally)? :lol: Ladies, please share your trials and tribulations!

Ladies with wide feet, how do you find stylish shoes that won't cause excruciating pain to your wide feet?

- What size/width are you?

I'm a 6.5 WW. Probably a WW is a minority on the glass slipper forum lol.

- Do you get your shoes stretched, by a cobbler or DIY? How much have you been able to stretch them by?

I almost always have to have all my leather shoes stretched by a cobbler, twice each pair of shoes, once is not usually enough for the shoe to be comfortable on my foot.

- What brands make wide shoes? What about brands that make shoes that tend to fall on the wide side?

Sigh. It's really hard to find attractive shoes in a WW, that don't look outdated. I have had good luck recently with boots and booties I have purchased on Zappos made by Munro (Grace), David Tate (Modern) and LaCanadienne. The David Tate Modern bootie is cute and did not need stretching. I have also bought shoes by Ros Hommerson but eventually they were uncomfortable so I never wore them.

I am also interested in the brand Antia, which has cute shoes but by the time I wanted to buy the shoe they stopped carrying it. Some other styles are cute but they are out of stock of WW.

I have also recently ordered a pair of Isabel Marant Jenny boots, which come in suede, and my cobbler said that suede stretches more easily than leather so I hope that these work out for me.

In the summer I like to wear Birkenstock soft sole sandals. They are naturally wide and very comfortable. Not cute at all but comfy, kind of like Uggs.

- Do you get shoes custom-made? By who? No, never tried that.

- What else do you do to land the shoes of your dreams while still keeping foot pain to a minimum?

I just search on Zappos by my size and width, and like you I have a very small shoe collection. I am sure I will never own a pair of CL's, Manolo's etc. If a shoe is not comfortable I won't wear it, and I have feet that are in great shape, I see women younger than myself with painful bunions from wearing too small or narrow shoes, and thankfully I have avoided those issues.

I've had a couple pairs of boots custom made from a place in texas. Other than that, it's really a matter of trying them on. Unfortunately it might just mean you can't buy every shoe that you love, but it's just different levels of uncomfortable, right? =)

I too am a 5.5W and find it difficult to find shoes in this size. Here are a couple brands that I've found to be comfortable. Sofft--I have a couple wedge sandals and heels in size 6W. Sofftspots--I have a couple flat sandals in 6WW (wish they came smaller, I think they're a tad bit too long). Birkenstock (madrid) and papillio (gizeh) sandals in size 35, wore them a lot during the end of my pregnancies. I just discovered a couple ballet flats that are comfy. Tieks in size 6 and Bloch in size 6.5. Both are made of beautiful soft Italian leather. Bloch runs small and the ones that are fully lined in suede are most comfortable.
Hope this helps!

I am able to wear the Isabel Marant Dicker boot comfortably. I just received the Anthracite and I love it.

I sent back the IM Jenny boot, it was good in the width but pinched me around the ankle bones.