Shocked.. eBay suspended my account!!!

Everyone -- stay away from eBay! This has become more and more of a problem to many people.

I was suspended when a single user stated that I sent them a broke item, when they sent me an email they did not know how to use the item and I told them they were using it improperly, causing it to break -- it was a brand new item. This person then tried to charge me for fixing the item that they broke. So then, the contacted eBay and I was suspended right away.

I am a power seller and have sold over 500 items over the last five (5) years without a single complaint. Now, when I receive one complaint, I am suspended.

That is utterly ridiculous, and it's fine that they suspended me, I will never use eBay again.

The email i got was from eBay!.. because when i faxed the documents, they sent me another email saying they didn't get the photo! i don't know what a scammer would do with my photo with a bag lol

anyways.. i think ill just send them the photo to satisfy their curiosity!

Was the email in your actual eBay email account box? I have received DOZENS of emails telling me that my account was suspended and that I needed to provide my Soc sec #, etc., but when I check my actual in box in my ebay account, there are no such emails. Be wary of scammers.

this would make a really good expose!

maybe after my vacation is over...

id have to do some research starting now... but if i did do a story on ebay would some of you girls be ok with doing interviews?

being a victim myself of vero (never got suspended tho... just pulled authentic auctions) it really gets on my last nerve what theyre doing, id love for this story to move beyond this board so plenty of other people could be made aware, and hopefully force ebay to do something... :wlae:

i would double and tripple check that request about passport and credit card. do not make any assumptions. just because someone emailed you back only means you are contacting the same people, not necessarily ebay. my account was stolen just recently. and i did not remember doing anything out of the ordinary. so BEWARE before sending ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION. that request sounded fishy.

I think it's some loney guy working at eBay is trying to find out if he can get a date!!!! I would be leary of sending any type of photo. It is beyond the beyond... They should be happy they have YOUR business as will make a good commission if it is a real Chanel. eBay has become a garbage dump.

Can you get in touch with eBay live and perhaps get info from a representative before sending in anything too personal.

I do think they are very touchy about anything Chanel now but they still leave on so many fakes.... eBay is jut very bad right now. Perhaps after a transition period it will get better????? NOT!!!

Fauve