Shirise sale..Got my bag today

acegirl - that's a very nice shade of blue. I am more a pastel color person so I am waiting for my Lilac City but I know what you mean ... I am attracted to the rich colors too, the Ink, and the Rouille. I already know what I want to get next - a Rouille First or any rich colored First. Personally I like the rich colors in smaller bags.

Do think about it and take it out and see how you like it.

It is funny how we are all so different. I liek the rich colors in bigger sizes, the bright colors in small sizes and black/brown/grey (neutrals) in medium sizes. Actually, I like black in all sizes.

chigirl said:
I think it is a great color but were you expecting something deeper? Or paler?

I was expecting something deeper I guess. I have seen a few different shades of Cornflower blue (or maybe they are all the same color & it's just a difference in the pictures?) I normally carry bags that have a real pop of color (besides my mono LV's;) ) I'm not saying it's a bad color, just not what I'm used to. I'm carrying my apple green hobo now & LOVING it. I'm not worried though, I know I can find a good home for it if I need to.

Thanks girls!:flowers:

acegirl said:
I was expecting something deeper I guess. I have seen a few different shades of Cornflower blue (or maybe they are all the same color & it's just a difference in the pictures?) I normally carry bags that have a real pop of color (besides my mono LV's;) ) I'm not saying it's a bad color, just not what I'm used to. I'm carrying my apple green hobo now & LOVING it. I'm not worried though, I know I can find a good home for it if I need to.

Thanks girls!:flowers:

I think it is mostly just the pictures. Certain colors look so different in different lights. I hope you end up liking it more. In the meantime, enjoy your hobo. What a great find!!!

acegirl said:
Hi all, I will be the thread starter for all us who snagged the deals;)

I got my Cornflower City today. Beautiful bag, great service & absolutely authentic. I honestly don't know if I love the color as much as I thought I would though:sad: I'm gonna think on it...

It's a great summer color!

I think the color is divine!

Very suttle yet bold.

And I totally missed the sale. Being in Canada, its hard to get gorgeous bags at reasonable prices without going the extra mile.

Pinkcaviar said:
I think the color is divine!

Very suttle yet bold.

And I totally missed the sale. Being in Canada, its hard to get gorgeous bags at reasonable prices without going the extra mile.
Me too...Holt's selection is sad at best. I bought mine in NYC but hearing about and missing this sale has been so heartwrenching for me!

Acegirl and Chigirl, those are both beautiful bags! Acegirl, I hope you will come to love the Cornflower, it is gorgeous! Chigirl, the Rouille looks amazing in the larger size, I thought it would be overpowering, but it definitely is not!

Congratulations ladies!

I wish you well,

Bridget

I love both the Cornflower and Rouille -- what gorgeous colors. I am becoming a Balenciaga addict!

I am anxiously waiting for my Ink First to arrive later this week and will post pics soon (hopefully this weekend).

Congrats it's a really beautiful bag but I know what you mean I had the same with my ink city. It was just sitting in its dustbag and I was really considering to sell it but than I decided to give it another try and I used for a week and now I'm sooo in love with it that I hate my own bag rule (rotating once a week) and won't be able to use it.

love the colors guys .. thats an amazing red and the blue is tdf :yes:
im waiting for my first origan ;)

acegirl if you wanna get rid of your cornflower let me know i might be able to afford it since its discounted :heart:

Thanks everyone:smile: After thinking on it last night & some more this morning, I have decided to just list the bag on Ebay. I have had interest from several PF'ers & I truly appreciate it. However, I feel bad selling the bag to one person over another, I don't want any hard feelings~ In addition, I need to get as much money for the bag as possible to buy a rouille, which will now be full price. If I sell my cornflower at a big discount, I will end up coughing up the difference to purchase the rouille. I'm trying to be fair to myself too. If I can sell it on Ebay for retail (or close to it) then it will almost be an even swap. I would feel guilty selling the bag to a fellow PF'er for full retail when I did get it on sale. Kind of a double edged sword....