Shipping your Chanel at what cost?

nddj

chanel lover
O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
Hi everyone,

I bought my HG Chanel (Grey medium caviar of this year) and managed to get the price down from 5650 to 5550.. small price difference but for me the price is a lot of money! Now we're talking shipping, and she's shipping from California to NYC (to a hotel my parents are staying in), and she says the shipping is 100USD incl insurance/signature approval. Is this correct??

Hi everyone,

I bought my HG Chanel (Grey medium caviar of this year) and managed to get the price down from 5650 to 5550.. small price difference but for me the price is a lot of money! Now we're talking shipping, and she's shipping from California to NYC (to a hotel my parents are staying in), and she says the shipping is 100USD incl insurance/signature approval. Is this correct??

I have shipped a jumbo/other Chanel items via UPS/Fedex in the past (shipping+insurance+confirmation) and although it has never reached $100, it was very close to it so I can see how the seller is charging that much.

Maybe try to negotiate for a lower, more reasonable price? Good luck!

yes, it can get that high, depending on who she uses. the cost of insuring that bag alone will be about 30-35. and you're in the farthest zone from california, and she probably wants delivery confirmation/signature which also adds to the cost. i would easily say it'd be close to 80. maybe you can tell her you want "exact shipping" and that she refunds the difference. i sent a 2K bag back to a reseller recently and it was 32 with Fedex, and that was just going a few states away. i imagine sending that bag to NY would have cost me 60

It is going to be very close to that. Between the weight and the insurance on that value. She is probably a bit high, but since you already got her to take 150.00 off, eh probably not enough to worry about.

Reactions: kkfiregirl
Hi everyone,

I've had several Chanel bags shipped to me from California to NYC and it cost roughly $45 w/ insurance and signature confirmation each time (FedEx). $100 seems exorbitant.

Reactions: TheAnaVega
I've had several Chanel bags shipped to me from California to NYC and it cost roughly $45 w/ insurance and signature confirmation each time (FedEx). $100 seems exorbitant.

I just checked her listing again and it says free shipping... I think the only reason she is asking 100USD is because I'm paying 100USD less than the askig price. Bit childish IMO. Anyway, she isn't 'allowing' me to buy the bag now because she got annoyed that I asked her to prove the shipping price to me ('just to be sure, I don't mind paying it if it's truly that much'). She emailed me back that it's a hot item and she doesn't have to prove me anyhing and that she'd rather sell it to someone else now because she was holding it for me as a favor (I have to pay a deposit of 500usd so I can buy it in october when my parents are in NYC, because I'm in Europe). She said if it's still available end of october you can buy it then. Now she doesn't e-mail me back after me saying allright I'll pay it... ugh I'm so gutted because I really want this bag but on the other side I kind or don't want to give her the satisfaction.. anyway, it will probably be sold before that time and she's ignoring my emails :sad:

Reactions: JazzyMac
I have shipped a jumbo/other Chanel items via UPS/Fedex in the past (shipping+insurance+confirmation) and although it has never reached $100, it was very close to it so I can see how the seller is charging that much.

Maybe try to negotiate for a lower, more reasonable price? Good luck!
I just checked her listing again and it says free shipping... I think the only reason she is asking 100USD is because I'm paying 100USD less than the askig price. Bit childish IMO. Anyway, she isn't 'allowing' me to buy the bag now because she got annoyed that I asked her to prove the shipping price to me ('just to be sure, I don't mind paying it if it's truly that much'). She emailed me back that it's a hot item and she doesn't have to prove me anyhing and that she'd rather sell it to someone else now because she was holding it for me as a favor (I have to pay a deposit of 500usd so I can buy it in october when my parents are in NYC, because I'm in Europe). She said if it's still available end of october you can buy it then. Now she doesn't e-mail me back after me saying allright I'll pay it... ugh I'm so gutted because I really want this bag but on the other side I kind or don't want to give her the satisfaction.. anyway, it will probably be sold before that time and she's ignoring my emails :sad:

Then don't buy it, girl! Find another bag. Not worth the stress :smile:

I think you should let the listing go, and she should probably let you go. It would ease the stress on both your parts. I always get queasy when buyers start haggling on my price on premium bags. The goal is for the bag to arrive safely and secure. I'd rather pay the money to make sure it gets there in a couple of days, signature guaranteed, then to keep debating and pay less money and then it ends up lost and that's even more stress. I've had very bad situations happen with eBay, so when a buyer haggles, I just cut them off.

Besides, on an almost $6K bag, going 3K miles across the country, why wouldn't you want to pay the price to have it shipped?

you're probably becoming, to her, a "problem buyer." just let it go, she's ignoring you b/c you're haggling for a lower price on something she must do (ship safely and insured). there are so many bags and sellers, you'll find another!:smile: