Shipping with first class mail international

Hi all! I just had a lovely seller ship me a pair of premium denim using first class mail international.I've never had a seller ship this method before and there is no tracking on it. I checked the usps website to see the estimated delivery time and it just says "varies."

Does anyone have any experience with First Class Mail International? How long might it take, did it arrive safely, any information at all is great.

Oh, and she is shipping from the US and I am in the Philippines.

TIA!

Wow :sad: May I ask where you shipped to using it?

Nothing to do but wait I guess since they've already been shipped out. I do hope they arrive before the 45 day deadline on paypal payments though as I would hate to ask such a pleasant seller for a refund and then have it show up a week or so later.

Thanks for the quick response!

I've received lots of items first class mail international from the U.S. and from oceans away. Everything has arrived safely - usually within a week or two. The occasional delivery has taken up to four weeks. Unless I have reason to doubt the seller's integrity, on an international shipment, I would always wait the maximum (i.e. 45 days) before filing a claim.

Canada

Don't loose hope! It'll get there eventually but I would file a dispute before the 45 days cap if it is not received.

I never use it anymore, no tracking and too slow :tdown:

Great info... re: shipping international... what do you use to ship?

And do you get signature confirmation or just tracking info? PayPal only protects a transaction when it there is signature confirmation for items over $250 right?

I live in Sweden and I have literally received hundreds of packets from the US sent by USPS First class international over the last years. Everything has arrived very fast, normally 4-6 days after shipping. In fact, very often faster than Priority, which usually takes 6-9 days. I'm sure Royal mail isn't in any way slower than Swedish mail. And USPS is very fast.

Another thing is that customs (i.e. Swedish customs that is VERY hard working...:nogood:) basically isn't very interested in First class mail. Good for us with high VAT to pay. Swedish import tax is 26%, and then there are other fees as well...

You do need to buy from a reliable and honest seller though, since you don't have any tracking info with first class international.

Great info... re: shipping international... what do you use to ship?

And do you get signature confirmation or just tracking info? PayPal only protects a transaction when it there is signature confirmation for items over $250 right?

I always use express mail international ... It is $25.95 for a flat rate and insurance is included. I use this for higher end items (expensive jeans, shirts, dresses, etc. that fit).

I'm so afraid of using First class international anymore because will all the dishonest ebayers (not all just the few here and there) out there I don't want to be screwed if they say they never receive the item.