Shipping to Israel. How can I protect myself?

onegirlcreative

Daddy's Little Girl
Feb 11, 2008
i just sold my chloé hampton handle handbag the other day on ebay, and now i need to ship it out to israel. it has been a very long time since i have shipped anything worth of value overseas, and i just want to protect myself from a potential horror story before doing so (if at all possible).

especially after reading everybody's past experiences, i want to ensure that potentially doesn't happen in this case.

what can i do to protect myself to the fullest extent possible?

keep in mind, that even though it was an expensive bag brand new, because of the age and wear on the bag, i didn't sell it for much at all. if that helps.

thanks in advance for your input!

Hi! I will try and give you a suggestion ;) (I must say that I am not nearly as experienced as the others here, but I will try!)

I think you should just go with all the "normal" things that have been discussed here before, meaning;
-only ship to address where paypal says it is ok to ship to
-use delivery confirmation/ signature confirmation
-did you check the buyer's toolhaus feedback received/ given?
-you can also maybe use a tyvak security tag (there are a few threads about this)

I am quite confident this will be a hassle free transaction, the buyer knows she is buying a second hand bag etc

I dont know if you had this in your listing or not onegirl but make it very clear to the buyer that she is responsible for all customs fees. I had a buyer refuse an item I shipped to spain because they didnt want to pay the import tax. I sold it in August and just received it back begining of November.
+ agree with everything marylou said:smile:

I have shipped to Israel with no problems. Use Express Mail, insure for what it sold, put a receipt in the box, fill out the customs forms correctly and ship......no problem.

wonderful. thanks ladies! the buyer just paid earlier today so it's ready to be shipped out first thing on monday morning.

will take all of your advice and protect myself. but since it's not very expensive, and like marylou mentioned, it's a secondhand bag. hopefully it won't be as big of a deal. but you never know.

keep your fingers crossed for me!