Shipping to Ireland?

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
Anyone know if Ireland has Paypal confirmed addresses? I have an Irish bidder on my bag and she says she has a confirmed PP address. Has asked to have it marked as a gift, but I told her it must be insured for full value ($1K+) and that she will be responsible for customs. She went ahead and bid. But I need to find out if I will be covered by PP in case of any problems. If Ireland does NOT have confirmed PP addresses, I may have to cancel her bid. THanks! Or if anyone has knowledgea and/or advice about shipping to Ireland in general, would appreciate hearing it.

I live in Ireland (but am not the bidder). Paypal can not confirm Irish addresses - however, I didn't think this was an issue anymore as paypal will protect you regardless? Am I wrong in thinking that?

I live in Ireland (but am not the bidder). Paypal can not confirm Irish addresses - however, I didn't think this was an issue anymore as paypal will protect you regardless? Am I wrong in thinking that?
Same here (in Ireland, not the bidder) - no confirmed addresses in the Republic, only in the North.
I think you're right, Paypal rolled out an all-over protection last year or so - or was it for powersellers only?
We get hit by customs from time to time (quite unpredictably), the buyer should be prepared for the possibility.
Otherwise it's a fairly low-risk, decent country - but better you trust your instincts.

If you decide to send it out do not use global express ! They use fedex in Ireland to deliver these fast delivery packages and this is how I never got my LE Lady Dior ! The fedex idiot left it outside the main door of the apartment block, on the street! Priority International is much better as they are delivered through regular post:tup:

FedEx are pretty annoying. They leave stuff outside your door, give it to your neighbour or, not leaving a note when you're not at home, return the package back to the sender. I've had issues with that on a professional level and I won't use them for personal shipping because I won't accept the risk of losing money due to a lazy/too busy courier.

Last edited: