Shipping to Alberta, Canada

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
I am asking this for my son. He sent a small Priority International Mail to Alberta. It left Birmingham, AL on December 5th. The guy in Canada is having a fit because he hasnt gotten the package yet.
Also, is there a way to track a package in Canada?
TIA!

This was Jenaywins recent transaction with usps and canada post, her thread is just a few below this you may want to read it for more informstion HTH

Track Status
Product Type: International Parcel

Some items may be delayed if held by customs for additional inspection. Canada Post has no information on specific items awaiting customs inspection. Once an item clears customs, it is handed over to Canada Post for delivery. Delivery time depends on the product and the distance to its

Track History
Date : 2011/11/16
Time : 21:02
Description : International item mailed in origin country
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 16:45
Description : International item processed in origin country
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date : 2011/11/19
Time : 16:46
Description : International item has left the origin country and is en route to Canada
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 08:48
Description : International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 12:42
Description : Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date : 2011/12/10
Time : 12:44
Description : Item processed at postal facility
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 02:22
Description : Item processed at postal facility
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 07:01
Description : Item processed at local delivery facility
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date :
Time : 10:57
Description : Item out for delivery
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :
Date : 2011/12/12
Time : 13:09
Description : Item successfully delivered
Retail Location :
Signatory Name :

It's Christmas things are taking much longer to get to their destinations. Tell them to be patient! It's one reason why I don't like buying things close to the holidays because of the customs hold up.

I have sent four packages to Canada recently, and tracking was not updated for any of them.
As is the case above, one took about a month to arrive at its destination.

I am asking this for my son. He sent a small Priority International Mail to Alberta. It left Birmingham, AL on December 5th. The guy in Canada is having a fit because he hasnt gotten the package yet.
Also, is there a way to track a package in Canada?
TIA!

If it was regular Priority Mail International, your son should have a tracking number that can be tracked on both www.USPS.com and www.canadapost.ca.

If he used the Priority Mail International flat rate box or envelope, tracking is not available.

My experience with US-Canada shipments is generally around two weeks. It hasn't been that long yet. Your son's buyer is being very impatient.

Agree with everyone else here: shipping to Canada can take up to 3 or 4 weeks because their customs is super, super slow. However, most people who live in Canada are aware of this, so they're usually not that impatient. Unfortunately it sounds like your son used a small flat rate box, which you can't track. He should tell his customer to just sit tight and if it doesn't show in a couple of weeks, he can put a trace on the package. But yeah, 10 days to Canada right before Christmas is definitely not enough time for it to get there.