Shipping to a 0 feedback buyer

Oct 26, 2010
Need help from the pros:smile:

I just sold a valuable diamond ring to a 0 feedback buyer. She paid quickly and seems very nice on mails. I wanna make sure ai have no problems though..

I will send ring with Fedex including the jeweler evaluation, but my other concern is that Im from Canada shipping to USA and no one wants to insure for the value of my ring.. Is it still safe to ship in your opinion? Its pick up fedex international in 24 hours.

Thanks for your feedback

hmmmmm. I would be very worried about selling a very expensive item to a zero feedback buyer in another country where I can't get insurance (biggest red flag). That's 4 strikes.

Everyone has their own comfort level but I would not move forward with this transaction. It screams of red flags and since insurance won't cover, if something happens you are out money and the ring. I say run away from this. The buyer being nice means nothing, all people who are scammers are liars and actors. Just because someone is nice, does not mean she is not a scammer. Please reconsider.

But its been paid for.. Wont a get in trouble with ebay?

You can cancel the transaction and refund the money. Tell the buyer it's no longer available or that a long lost relative claimed it etc. they can't force you to ship. You may get a ding in your account but that's better than losing thousands of dollars and your ring. It's simply not worth it and you're better off getting the ding then losing out completely

You can cancel the transaction and refund the money. Tell the buyer it's no longer available or that a long lost relative claimed it etc. they can't force you to ship. You may get a ding in your account but that's better than losing thousands of dollars and your ring. It's simply not worth it and you're better off getting the ding then losing out completely

I would not lie to the buyer and invent a story. I would tell the truth and also say that it has to be shipped fully insured. If she has a problem with that say you will refund and cancel the transaction.
This way you will not risk getting dinged or negative feedback. If she negs you ask ebay to remove it and show them you complied but she refused to have it insured for the full anount.

Good luck.

I would not lie to the buyer and invent a story. I would tell the truth and also say that it has to be shipped fully insured. If she has a problem with that say you will refund and cancel the transaction.
This way you will not risk getting dinged or negative feedback. If she negs you ask ebay to remove it and show them you complied but she refused to have it insured for the full anount.

Good luck.

Actually that's better advice -- the truth is always better.

Good luck.

Ebay will not remove the defects in this case. Buyers are not required to purchase insurance or have a say in whether the item needs to be insured or not. Insurance is for the seller's benefit. All that the buyer is responsible for is to pay for the item and provide the correct address. It is not the buyer's fault that no one will insure the ring.

Good luck.

Ebay will not remove the defects in this case. Buyers are not required to purchase insurance or have a say in whether the item needs to be insured or not. Insurance is for the seller's benefit. All that the buyer is responsible for is to pay for the item and provide the correct address. It is not the buyer's fault that no one will insure the ring.

I would also tell the buyer the truth as well.... At this point you will have
to decide what to do.... If the buyer does neg you it is what it is, IYKWIM..

I'm not so sure I would think this transaction would be worth the risk involved..

Ok. I would still do it the way I suggested.

I think it depends on your tolerance for risk. Whenever I sell anything, if it's over $100 I require signature confirmation even if eBay doesn't require it. For anything more than a few hundred dollars, I add insurance for my peace of mind. I wouldn't ship something so valuable without insuring it.