Shipping to a 0 feedback buyer

OP, while wanting to give a new buyer every possible opportunity, because
this is such an expensive item & there are plenty of buyers out there with
a hidden agenda (certainly not saying your buyer has one) I would think very
clearly about shipping this item. There are risks here & this is a very large amount
of money.

And also consider, that ebay does not have your back in most cases. Because
this is transaction is from Canada to US, even with an appraisal & video taping of
you putting the ring in a package, there is much to consider.

Good luck...tough decision here to make

I finally decided to drive to the Us.. And ship fully insured. I pray to god everything turns out perfectly. I wanna believe that there are still good and honest people in this world..!!;)

Zero feedback buyers/bidders always make me nervous. The few that I've had turned out to be non-paying bidders.

I've also received a few offers from zero feedback bidders. If it's an expensive item, I wouldn't take the risk.

Zero feedback buyers/bidders always make me nervous. The few that I've had turned out to be non-paying bidders.

I've also received a few offers from zero feedback bidders. If it's an expensive item, I wouldn't take the risk.

Also think the "holidays" when scammers seem to come out of the woodwork,
sellers can be more cautious then usual expecially with high end items.

Newbies who are non-payers aren't scammers. They're usually shoppers who don't understand the system, don't realize that they're winning bids (or BINs) are a contractual obligation and aren't more than a PITA as you wait for payment and relist the item.

For your expensive items, do what is required for seller protection. Ship to the "ship to" address that comes with the paypal payment, use s.c. for items costing $750 or more, make sure whatever shipping method you use has tracking, etc.

And you'll be fine.

Newbies also often sign up because they are looking for the item you're selling. Most aren't scammers, aren't looking to steal your item and your money and as many of us (who sell) have said over the years, newbies are often among our best buyers.

Honestly, I've had problems with experienced members but have never had a problem (other than non-payment or remorse) from a 0-feedback buyer.

Thanks. Why is it that some experienced sellers absolutely refuse to sell to zero feedback bidders? Some sellers even require that a buyer have a feedback score of at least 5, otherwise they'll cancel the buyer's bids. I'm curious why they choose to implement this policy?

I notice the sellers who have a 'no zero feedback bidders' policy are usually the sellers of high-end designer goods. For whatever reasons, these sellers don't want to risk selling something expensive to someone with zero feedback. I'm curious what the reasons might be?

Thanks. Why is it that some experienced sellers absolutely refuse to sell to zero feedback bidders? Some sellers even require that a buyer have a feedback score of at least 5, otherwise they'll cancel the buyer's bids. I'm curious why they choose to implement this policy?

I notice the sellers who have a 'no zero feedback bidders' policy are usually the sellers of high-end designer goods. For whatever reasons, these sellers don't want to risk selling something expensive to someone with zero feedback. I'm curious what the reasons might be?
As I said (and it's been my experience), my own major problem (when there is one) with 0-feedback bidders/buyers is that they don't understand their obligation to complete the transaction. My experience hasn't ever been with a newbie scammer.

Many sellers don't want to deal with NPBs, having to wait out the UID process and relisting the item.

Perhaps others can comment on their reasons for not wanting to deal with newbies.

My only scammer ever (in my 13 years of selling) was an experienced buyer/reseller who used me and other ebay sellers as her dropshippers.

I got lucky! It was a long time ago (3+ years?) when I first started selling on eBay. Maybe my third transaction? I was selling a pair of my moms manolo Blahnik boots. Shipping took a while but everything arrived just fine :smile:

I've sent items to Russia twice I think... took very long time to be delivered (EMS shipping took more than 1 month!) so I don't ship to Russia anymore.

I wonder if is a good idea to kindly remind zero feedback potential buyers, via email, that they are required to pay if they either use BIN or win an auction. For example: I received an email from a zero feedback buyer wanting additional pictures of one of the items that I'm currently selling. I sent the pictures and answered all her questions but never heard back from her. I was so tempted to tell her or in another words 'educate her' about the Ebay system before committing to buy but not sure if this may sound patronizing. She sounded generously interested but I was nervous even sending the pictures due to her inexperience but again, I never heard back from her. At the end of the day I want to sell the item and a patronizing email may scare a potential buyer??. A short email like this: I know you are new to eBay but please review the rules of buying items since you are required to pay.. etcetera. Worded very polite and clear. I agree that the vast majority of newbies don't know how eBay works so education is part of the issue here. I have sold in the past to one or two newbies without issues very low priced items like baby shoes or other things. In this case I was nervous due to the price of my item so I was kind of relieved when I didn't hear back from the potential buyer.

I wonder if is a good idea to kindly remind zero feedback potential buyers, via email, that they are required to pay if they either use BIN or win an auction. For example: I received an email from a zero feedback buyer wanting additional pictures of one of the items that I'm currently selling. I sent the pictures and answered all her questions but never heard back from her. I was so tempted to tell her or in another words 'educate her' about the Ebay system before committing to buy but not sure if this may sound patronizing. She sounded generously interested but I was nervous even sending the pictures due to her inexperience but again, I never heard back from her. At the end of the day I want to sell the item and a patronizing email may scare a potential buyer??. A short email like this: I know you are new to eBay but please review the rules of buying items since you are required to pay.. etcetera. Worded very polite and clear. I agree that the vast majority of newbies don't know how eBay works so education is part of the issue here. I have sold in the past to one or two newbies without issues very low priced items like baby shoes or other things. In this case I was nervous due to the price of my item so I was kind of relieved when I didn't hear back from the potential buyer.
I wouldn't send anything to the buyer. You don't know her situation. I set up a new account for my husband after I had been using ebay for years, so that even though it appeared that we were new to ebay, we weren't. If the buyer uses BIN, ebay gives them a message telling them that until they pay, another bidder can purchase the item.

Also, many ebayers don't know what is expected when a seller responds to your questions. As a seller, I know that if a buyer responds with a thank you after I've answered her question, it'll show up as a new question on my selling page. I wrote a long answer to a question from a buyer who seemed genuinely interested and I haven't heard back. Now I'm worried she never saw the message, but I don't want to contact her again as it might seem intrusive.

I've had several 0 feedback buyers and they usually don't cause problems. Years ago, I had a 0 feedback buyer click on the BIN. When she didn't pay, she said she thought she was just adding it to her watchlist. Ebay let her back out without even a ding on her account. I think this is why ebay has changed it so most BINs require immediate payment, regardless of what you've set up in your listing.

I wouldn't send anything to the buyer. You don't know her situation. I set up a new account for my husband after I had been using ebay for years, so that even though it appeared that we were new to ebay, we weren't. If the buyer uses BIN, ebay gives them a message telling them that until they pay, another bidder can purchase the item.

You made an excellent point here.