Shipping time estimate for automatic 5 stars?

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
South Texas
I know that there are certain Ebay requirements that can be met and receive an automatic 5 star rating on shipping time. (1 day handling, upload info within 24 hrs, and have it delivery confirmed within a certain timeframe.)

I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to go on the seller dashboard to find out if the item was delivered within the "certain timeframe." I think the timeframe is 4 business days, but I'm unclear as to what constitutes business days. Are any weekend days included? Postal holidays? Government holidays? What I'm really hoping is that there's somewhere I can click to within sales records or whatnot that will say "delivery estimated by Jan 5th" and I can know my shipping stars will both be auto 5's. (Free shipping, too.)

The reason I'm asking is that I am having a very sad time with USPS right now... I shipped several items on Dec 30th that didn't leave my city, according to tracking, until Jan 4th!

Thanks for your help!

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
I know that there are certain Ebay requirements that can be met and receive an automatic 5 star rating on shipping time. (1 day handling, upload info within 24 hrs, and have it delivery confirmed within a certain timeframe.)

I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to go on the seller dashboard to find out if the item was delivered within the "certain timeframe." I think the timeframe is 4 business days, but I'm unclear as to what constitutes business days. Are any weekend days included? Postal holidays? Government holidays? What I'm really hoping is that there's somewhere I can click to within sales records or whatnot that will say "delivery estimated by Jan 5th" and I can know my shipping stars will both be auto 5's. (Free shipping, too.)

The reason I'm asking is that I am having a very sad time with USPS right now... I shipped several items on Dec 30th that didn't leave my city, according to tracking, until Jan 4th!

Thanks for your help!
Manually enter the tracking numbers into PayPal when you ship them - then there is a record of when it left your hands. I can't use the purchased labels because I am outside the USA. Maybe if you are doing the labels through eBay it automatically does this?

Schientist

Schientist
O.G.
Oct 5, 2009
South Texas
Manually enter the tracking numbers into PayPal when you ship them - then there is a record of when it left your hands. I can't use the purchased labels because I am outside the USA. Maybe if you are doing the labels through eBay it automatically does this?
Yes, the tracking is automatically uploaded and I can follow that.

The Ebay rule is (I think) that to get five stars automatically, delivery must show as confirmed through the tracking 4 business days after payment clears.

The problem is that I don't know what Ebay counts as "business days." So if I ship a package, I want to know if *Ebay* thinks it got there by the time it was supposed to, and therefore whether I'll get my five stars. Does that make more sense? If my four day window ends on a Tues and it's delivered by Tues, I'll get an automatic 5 stars. If it's delivered Weds, I don't. Unless Monday (a holiday) is counted as not a business day... in which case maybe the window extends one more day. Or maybe it doesn't. I just figure there's got to be some sort of notification *somewhere* that tells you if it was delivered in the estimated time.

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
A business day is a normal day the po is open for business. Holidays don't count. So I believe that is 3 business days already used up. Sometimes you have to call eBay to get it straightened out.

shinymagpie

vintage bag lady
Mar 29, 2008
I think I got a glitch on shipping time too. It's only been 5 days since the item closed, it was sent from Japan to the USA express and the buyer has left feedback. But suddenly I have a drop in my shipping time star rating from my 5 stars. The tracking number was uploaded and the tracking worked. So should I call eBay?