Shipping parcel post, should I tell her?

Parcel Post from CA to Hawaii is slow. I remember I sold a bag at Christmas time one year and it took 4 weeks to get there. Arrived after the holiday. That is why some sellers say "No Alaska or Hawaii" but Alaska is ground and rather quick.

Parcel Post from CA to Hawaii is slow. I remember I sold a bag at Christmas time one year and it took 4 weeks to get there. Arrived after the holiday. That is why some sellers say "No Alaska or Hawaii" but Alaska is ground and rather quick.

I think it's only ground in the summer and maybe to Anchorage during the winter months. Some parcel post/service packages to Alaska definitely do go by ship.

Thank you all for your responses my post i sent her the message and she was accepting of my advice. She said she didn't even realize she'd selected priority mail.

The bag arrived a day early even. However when i was cleaning it up, as you do with preowned bags i found the bag to have much more wear than the seller stated in the listing and my communications with her. Most notably the strap is pretty worn and looks to even possibly have a weak spot and the hardware was much more scuffed up, when she said it had no wear at all. I contacted the designer about getting a new strap and it would be almost $200 and take 6-12 weeks (!!!). But the bag was only $400 for a $1850 bag and the main body of the bag is okay other than the hardware. What do you think i should do? Should i contact her again? I haven't left my fb yet either.

Thank you all for your responses my post i sent her the message and she was accepting of my advice. She said she didn't even realize she'd selected priority mail.

The bag arrived a day early even. However when i was cleaning it up, as you do with preowned bags i found the bag to have much more wear than the seller stated in the listing and my communications with her. Most notably the strap is pretty worn and looks to even possibly have a weak spot and the hardware was much more scuffed up, when she said it had no wear at all. I contacted the designer about getting a new strap and it would be almost $200 and take 6-12 weeks (!!!). But the bag was only $400 for a $1850 bag and the main body of the bag is okay other than the hardware. What do you think i should do? Should i contact her again? I haven't left my fb yet either.

In this particular case, I would probably consider what you paid for the bag, since it was such a steep discount. Specifically: if you had known about the actual strap condition, would $400 still be a good price for it? what do other bags in a similarly used condition go for?

If you're really unhappy with it no matter how good a deal it was, and it was significantly not as described, you could ask to return it.

Would you mind posting the listing and the condition it arrived? Even though you did get it at a great discount, if it's not as described, I would still feel a little sad and let down because you had certain expectations from what you saw at the listing and what she described to you. I would seek for a partial refund if I wanted to keep the bag to maybe put it towards a new strap so you can be fully pleased!

Would you mind posting the listing and the condition it arrived? Even though you did get it at a great discount, if it's not as described, I would still feel a little sad and let down because you had certain expectations from what you saw at the listing and what she described to you. I would seek for a partial refund if I wanted to keep the bag to maybe put it towards a new strap so you can be fully pleased!

It's typically not recommended that buyers ask for a partial refund, because even if it's to cover a legitimate repair, it makes it seem like the buyer just wants to get a better deal.

The best way to proceed would be to send a more generic message, and then leave it up to the seller to decide. For example,

"Thank you so much for the prompt shipment - the _______ arrived today and it's lovely! Unfortunately the ________ arrived with __(whatever the problem is)__. If you could get back to me about this, I would appreciate it! Thank you!"