Shipping overseas - is it possible to get a confirmed address?

Jul 8, 2007
I sold a bag for close to $2,000 on Bonanzle and the buyer has 2 feedbacks on ebay and none on Bonanzle. She paid for the bag with a credit card and says that it is not possible to get her address in Singapore confirmed. Is this true?

OK. for 1, what is your PP transaction page showing for PP Seller Protection?
Eligible or Partially Eligible?

You may want to call PP and have a discussion and see what PP protection you are eligible for. And are you protected against chargebacks?

It says that I am partially eligible and that I am not covered for unauthorized charges. The other thing that is odd is that the shipping address provided says it is in a shopping centre? I am not getting a good feeling about this.

I'm not either. She could be shipping to her work address, but the lack of PP seller protection leaves you WIDE OPEN. And you'd never recover that bag.

You need to be very careful. And I think you need to be asking PP these questions if you are even considering following thru w/ this. You have a very high-risk buyer, IMO.

Thank you for your help! I will try to call pp later today. It is always best to trust your instincts! It is a brand new Chanel GST and I would rather just keep the bag than deal with this.

they confirm UK and canadian addresses but the rest of the they only verify so she is right in that she can't get a confirmed address :yes: not sure about the shopping centre address though :confused1:

The shopping center address is probably a work address. For me, i'm at uni all day so I have no alternative address which is very problematic. I ask people to ship to a close friend's business. But, I can understand why sellers on ebay would be uncomfortable with the friend's business address.

The combination of the unconfirmed address, shopping centre address and just 2 feebacks is just too risky. I refunded her money. If she had a solid history on ebay it would be different. ;)

Good idea. She may not have been able to get a confirmed address, and it could have been her workplace, but everything combined looks a bit fishy. Better to still have your bag I think. :biggrin: