Shipping & Insuring Bags - Wow!

akillian24

Flap Happy
Aug 16, 2008
I had to return a bag to NM today in order to get a new one - the first one I got had a funky flap and a mismatched authenticity card, and the total to ship and insure it was $72!!!

The manager kept offering to send a box direct to my door, but I naively was thinking it was a convenience thing - and thought shipping would be $30 at the most. I had no idea I'd nearly hit the $75 mark!!!

:faint:

oh yeah, i sold my medallion on ebay and insured it for 1500 dollars and it cost me nearly that much to ship it insured, delivery confirmation, etc. ridiculous, but you have to get all of that stuff in case it is lost or stolen, or if the seller tries to scam you by saying they didn't get it (happened to me before).

Shipping and insurance is so expensive nowdays...
Did the mananger offer you free return shipping?

She did. I was just thinking it was a convenience thing - I had no idea that I was looking at $75 out of pocket to do it myself. I was thinking $30 and a trip to the post office (which is very close to me).

I'm a moron! Lesson learned.

We all lerarn something from buying, returning, selling and searching for our perfect Chanel...;)

She did. I was just thinking it was a convenience thing - I had no idea that I was looking at $75 out of pocket to do it myself. I was thinking $30 and a trip to the post office (which is very close to me).

I'm a moron! Lesson learned.

i returned a bag to CA before via UPS insured, cost me 40 bucks. Sometimes UPS could be a little cheaper than USPS when you are tryin' to mail and insure something expensive.

That's way too high to ship bags! Are you taking them to a UPS store and letting them package and price them? If so, they are raping you on the price and charging you for their "service".

Fed Ex Ground is the cheapest shipping service. I use it for all my shipping in the US. You can insure a $2500 bag and ship it across the country for @$25. I do it all the time. I've never paid over $30 to ship a bag anywhere!

I use Fed Ex Ship Manager on my computer and everything is printed out here. I don't take them somewhere to be packaged. The Post Office is the most expensive way to ship, with insurance. UPS is always higher than Fed Ex.

Me thinks because she said Fed Ex Ground. Ground is cheaper, takes longer and if it matters to anyone they are a contracted third party and not the same as regular Fed Ex (in the true sense of the word since they are akin to subcontractors).

Me thinks because she said Fed Ex Ground. Ground is cheaper, takes longer and if it matters to anyone they are a contracted third party and not the same as regular Fed Ex (in the true sense of the word since they are akin to subcontractors).

Fed Ex Ground takes 5 days from East Coast to West Coast. I insure luxury bags and they all have been under $30 for shipping.

Fed Ex "Home" Delivery are Indy contractors but the insurance coverage is still through Fed Ex, so it doesn't matter who is delivering it (employees or subcontractors). Most drivers who pick up at Fed Ex/Kinkos locations are indy contractors as well and not "employees" of Fed Ex. They pick up all sorts of packages for Fed Ex including ground, overnight, international, etc.

I've never had anything lost, damaged or stolen with Fed Ex. I ship my items with insurance for full purchase price and anything insured for at least $500 has automatic signature confirmation on delivery. Fed Ex also includes insurance on the first $100 of your package. Something the USPS doesn't do. Fed Ex Ground is ALWAYS cheaper than UPS or USPS. Insurance rates will kill you with USPS.