~The SHIPPING from Canada to USA thread~ vat, fees, couriers etc...

Thanks for the replies.

Seller said she mailed it this past Saturday but tracking still said label printed. I order the item exactly one week ago. I just want to know if I am to still track the package through the USPS with the canada tracking number?

Thanks for the replies.

Seller said she mailed it this past Saturday but tracking still said label printed. I order the item exactly one week ago. I just want to know if I am to still track the package through the USPS with the canada tracking number?

You should be able to enter the tracking number into the USPS site, and it will show up once it comes through customs. I don't know what her shipping method is equivalent to though, so it may not be scanned at every stop.

Thanks for the replies.

Did you check the tracking number on Canada Post? USPS only tracks after the item has entered US and cleared Customs.

If the package was shipped on Saturday you should see some tracking by now at least on the Canadapost website. But it may well just be a glitch. Do not worry - you are fully protected as a buyer if something goes wrong in the shipping. And there is nothing your seller can do about it. You both have to just wait and see.

Does Canada post not scan anything at all? It's been 7 days and my tracking still show "label printed". Nothing on whether it's been received by them or where it is. And of course USPS has nothing on this tracking number too. For those of you who have orders shipped from Canada, is this always the case where your tracking is not updated? And how long does it take to receive a tracked package to the US from Canada? I just want to track my package in case it's stuck at my postal office (when it comes through) and if there is customs I need to pay before picking it up. What's the point for paying for "tracking" when the service is not even provided?!

Does Canada post not scan anything at all? It's been 7 days and my tracking still show "label printed". Nothing on whether it's been received by them or where it is. And of course USPS has nothing on this tracking number too. For those of you who have orders shipped from Canada, is this always the case where your tracking is not updated? And how long does it take to receive a tracked package to the US from Canada? I just want to track my package in case it's stuck at my postal office (when it comes through) and if there is customs I need to pay before picking it up. What's the point for paying for "tracking" when the service is not even provided?!

It's possible that it didn't get scanned, but my guess would be that - even though she said she shipped it - it hasn't been taken to the post office yet. The other possibility is that she gave you the customs number instead of the tracking number.

the tracking number was provided to me by paypal when she check out using their shipping label. I tried reaching out to her but she has not been responding back lately so I don't know, should I wait three weeks before filing for unreceived claim through paypal? I have never ordered from canada before so I don't know how long it takes for the package to arrive.

the tracking number was provided to me by paypal when she check out using their shipping label. I tried reaching out to her but she has not been responding back lately so I don't know, should I wait three weeks before filing for unreceived claim through paypal? I have never ordered from canada before so I don't know how long it takes for the package to arrive.

I know that for packages being shipped TO Canada, it's very slow.y items are delivered to Australia more quickly than to Canada. I'm not sure whether it is equally slow going from Canada to the United States.

I would give it a while perhaps as you suggested, 3 weeks.

The canadapost scans are usually quite prompt once the item is "accepted" at the originating post. I can't recall a a time when the first scan didn't show up the same day the package was dropped off. Most, if not all, shipments I have made from Canada to the US have arrived within a week or so. This is definitely not normal. I agree that three weeks should be enough time particularly if you are not receiving any reassuring communications from your seller.

It's possible that it didn't get scanned, but my guess would be that - even though she said she shipped it - it hasn't been taken to the post office yet.

I would be inclined to agree with this. The item is usually scanned at the point of induction, but even if that scan is missed, it is scanned again when it gets to the sorting depot before it is sent to the US. It would be very unusual to be missed twice.

Thanks guys! Going to wait another week or so before reporting to paypal. Buyer has not respond back to my repeated requests for the tracking number that appears in the receipt. It could even be that she was given a different tracking number but I don't know. I'll update you guys. Thanks again for all the help!

also a word of caution a couple of weeks ago I brought something from a Canadian consignment shop, the seller told me it take 24 hours for the tracking number to be view able on the Canada Post site that was on 7/15, On 7/16 later that evening tracking info was up, 2 days later I checked USPS and info was on there and the load date for the tracking was 7/16. By 7/18 the item was in the sort facility in San Francisco with a delivery date of 7/23, however from 7/18 there was no more additional tracking information so just a heads up you may not get up to the minute tracking information on your package. I was literally about to call the post office on 7/24 when there was a knock on my door it was the post master with my package, in my area all my international and signature confirmation packages get delivered separately from my regular mail and they do it early in the day so thank goodness I was home. So don't always rely on the tracking with USPS