"Shipping - Each additional item free" wasn't honored

CrackBerryCream

The Edge of Glory
O.G.
Oct 26, 2012
Sorry, I need to vent here: I ordered two products from an eBay seller with nail products. One of it Zoya nail polish remover and one OPI peel off base.

The listing for the Zoya nail polish remover says shipping for each additional item is free. Please see screenshot attached.

So I assumed the shipping for both products would be 15.90$. But after I asked for the total sum via the eBay function what I received was the shipping sums of both products added... I pointed this out to the seller and a couple dollars were deducted, but still not 15.90$. ... this went on to the point where I sent the sceenshot to the seller... it didn't end well to say the least with the seller stating that they offer combined shipping, but no free shipping for additional items and that it is not their fault that ebay is displaying it that way and they want to cancel the transactions. Probably thinking I wouldn't leave a positive feedback...

I am fuming as I assumed my products would finally be shipped after days of delay. Now I can search for new offers again after the seller wasted my time... How would you read the shipping offer attached?

Attachments

• eBay_Zoya_EN2.png
    eBay_Zoya_EN2.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 454
  • eBay_OPI_EN2.png
    eBay_OPI_EN2.png
    743.3 KB · Views: 447
Well, they're obviously conflicting. I would have asked the seller about it before I purchased. It was probably a mistake when setting up the listing. But if one listing says that they offer free shipping on additional items then they should honor that. You can't make them, however. You should accept the cancellation.

Well, they're obviously conflicting. I would have asked the seller about it before I purchased. It was probably a mistake when setting up the listing. But if one listing says that they offer free shipping on additional items then they should honor that. You can't make them, however. You should accept the cancellation.

Thanks for your opinion. I never had to ask for shipping fees separately until now and apart from 2 transactions out of 42 all were international orders. Until that order all sellers were able to quote me the price that I would expect from their listings. Guess I was lucky then.

I surely won't buy from that seller. They did offer me 15,90$ saying they don't want to disappoint me, but not acknowledging their own fault. After I sent them the second screenshot, just telling them that the second one might be misleading as well (two items for 9.49$) so they can correct their listings, they cancelled the transactions saying I'm asking for even lower shipping which I didn't. They probably think I'm trouble which I really am if sellers do not honor their written offer or have misleading offers.

It is conflicting indeed but I would have asked for clarity before I made the purchae.

I also might have asked for a corrected invoice which your seller should have been
able to do.

Sorry you were disappointed & hopefully you can find the items from another seller

Thanks for your opinion. I never had to ask for shipping fees separately until now and apart from 2 transactions out of 42 all were international orders. Until that order all sellers were able to quote me the price that I would expect from their listings. Guess I was lucky then.

I surely won't buy from that seller. They did offer me 15,90$ saying they don't want to disappoint me, but not acknowledging their own fault. After I sent them the second screenshot, just telling them that the second one might be misleading as well (two items for 9.49$) so they can correct their listings, they cancelled the transactions saying I'm asking for even lower shipping which I didn't. They probably think I'm trouble which I really am if sellers do not honor their written offer or have misleading offers.

I just checked my listings and I have to tell you that it also shows that the the additional item is free. Well, it is not correct! My settings are set up to calculate additional shipping costs by weight. Ebay's error here. AGAIN!
Do not blame the seller. It is not her fault.

Obviously a misunderstanding but I get the feeling the seller didn't handle this very well.

Selling isn't easy sometimes and I think one of the hardest things for people is NOT taking things personally. Too many people do and it only leads to additional problems.

My international listings are showing the exact same thing, the second item being free.

I've had to honor this same situation 3 times in the past week and it's proven costly to me as a seller.. I really wish that Ebay would fix these bugs.

:cry:

My international listings are showing the exact same thing, the second item being free.

I've had to honor this same situation 3 times in the past week and it's proven costly to me as a seller.. I really wish that Ebay would fix these bugs.

:cry:

this is likely a "bug" in exactly the same way as when eBay changed "seller does not accept returns" to "no return policy specified".

Yes, that would be great. I must say that I have over 3000 items listed and it is impossible to check every single listing. I actually had no idea it was even happening until this thread.

And with that amount to sell you are probably selling professionally and must have some kind of structured system (e.g. products of category x with lower shipping for additional items, category y free shipping for additional items, category z with flat shipping for additional items) so there would only be a need to check one listing of each category.