Shipping difficulties to apartment?

Pina3212

Sep 9, 2020
Hey guys! I wanted to see if anyone else has had difficulty with UPS delivering to their apartment complex.

I was finally able to score a mono PA! Estimated delivery was originally Monday but I checked the tracking and saw it was actually early and a delivery attempt had been made while I wasn’t home today but no “we missed you” slip was left either. I called their customer service and the told me the driver had actually attempted to deliver to the wrong address and she would have to report the driver, and dispatch will call me within the hour to arrange a new delivery.

Has anyone else experienced this? My building is gated and you can only enter with a key fob so I don’t know how they will ever reach me to sign. I don’t want my bag to get shipped back to LV, I stalked for months to get it! TIA!

Could you have it left at your local UPS store and go pick it up? That’s what I did since I knew I wouldn’t be home when it got delivered.

I tried but they told me that only the sender could reroute the package. When I called LV customer service they said they couldn’t do that and to just wait for another delivery attempt :/

I tried but they told me that only the sender could reroute the package. When I called LV customer service they said they couldn’t do that and to just wait for another delivery attempt :/

That’s weird they won’t let you do that. I mean it was a couple years ago when I did it, but I just signed into my ups account and requested it be left at the facility for me to pick up. Could you notify your apartments front office that you have a package being delivered and see if they could hold onto it if you’re not gonna be home. I know a couple of the previous apartments I lived in, my packages would sometimes be left at the front office if I wasn’t home.

That’s weird they won’t let you do that. I mean it was a couple years ago when I did it, but I just signed into my ups account and requested it be left at the facility for me to pick up. Could you notify your apartments front office that you have a package being delivered and see if they could hold onto it if you’re not gonna be home. I know a couple of the previous apartments I lived in, my packages would sometimes be left at the front office if I wasn’t home.

I did that but today’s problem was that they didn’t try the front office (it’s a really big complex so it’s a few doors down from the mail room and might be hard to find). If I don’t get a call back from UPS I may just have to call out of work Monday and wait outside.

Thanks for responding so fast :smile:

I did that but today’s problem was that they didn’t try the front office (it’s a really big complex so it’s a few doors down from the mail room and might be hard to find). If I don’t get a call back from UPS I may just have to call out of work Monday and wait outside.

Thanks for responding so fast :smile:

You’re welcome! Congrats on getting a Mono PA! I hope everything works out!

Reactions: Pina3212
I’ve had other things sent via UPS that I had to sign for but was not home when delivery was attempted. They ended up leaving it at a UPS facility after two attempts and told me to come get it.

Do you know for certain they would send it back just because you’re not home? Seems like lots of packages sent via signature confirmation would be returned to sender if that were the case.

I’ve had other things sent via UPS that I had to sign for but was not home when delivery was attempted. They ended up leaving it at a UPS facility after two attempts and told me to come get it.

Do you know for certain they would send it back just because you’re not home? Seems like lots of packages sent via signature confirmation would be returned to sender if that were the case.

I actually just checked the UPS website and apparently they said they will hold it at the local store for 5 days after 3attempts before sending it back. I am just not able to reroute it myself because I needed the invoice number from slip which they didn’t leave. Just misleading because LV told me otherwise and so did the UPS agent I spoke to so I’m still unsure.

Last edited:
Reactions: pale_septembre