Shipping Confusion

ashynichole

Feb 12, 2009
Last night I ordered a wallet & a wristlet from coach.com, today I received shipping confirmation, twice. One item has been shipped fedex, the other shipped ups. Is this normal?? Also, I moved towns recently, and for some reason my computer automatically put in my old town(which isnt that far away, zipcode is one number off), but my correct address and zipcode. I didn't catch this until now. The FedEx tracking says it is going to the correct town, the UPS tracking says it is going to my old town. Should I call JAX or UPS or FedEx? What should I do? I want to make sure I get my stuff.

EDIT: Also the FedEx website says it will require signature, and we work all day so will not be home when it gets delivered if it is delivered during the week. Can I put a sign on my door for them to leave it on the porch? Or call?

If it comes from Jax it is sent UPS...and sounds like your item is being sent directly from a store...stores send FedEx. I don't think FedEx will leave it even with a note...you have to sign the electronic handheld. You can have held at your local FedEx / Kinkos store though.

If it comes from Jax it is sent UPS...and sounds like your item is being sent directly from a store...stores send FedEx. I don't think FedEx will leave it even with a note...you have to sign the electronic handheld. You can have held at your local FedEx / Kinkos store though.

Who do I call to get this set up? We've had FedEx drop of stuff sent by other places, without a signature. Do I call FedEx?

This happened to me with ups- the sa really screwed up my address when I ordered at the store. I called the main customer service number which im guessing is jax and the first person i talked to said there was nothing they could do that i would have to call the store who entered the order and have them call ups. this seemed absolutely ridiculous to me... i couldnt imagine coach would want their in store sas dealing with this stuff when they have a whole customer service dept that is set up to do just what i was asking. the woman was not helpful at all and basically said i was sol if the bag shipped to the wrong address and was returned to the warehouse bc it would take "weeks" to clear the issue up. Well I wasn't happy with that answer so I called jax again the next day and the cs rep couldn't have been more helpful. She said yes she could help me and I didn't have to call the store and was very apologetic for me having to even go through the situation. She put me on hold and called ups and changed the address in 5 mins, problem solved! So I would try calling jax and if they say they can't do it either press them or ask to speak to someone else. As for shipping two different carriers, I can't speak for coach but I managed a warehouse and depending on how the order came down and when the carriers picked up that day we might have to ship both FedEx and ups (ups came earlier in the day and sometimes we didn't have orders ready so we had to change to FedEx for example) it is weird that an order would get split like that though but these order and warehouse management systems can be really strange sometimes! so it couldn't hurt to ask when you call about the address change. Good luck!

I've been able to do online after I put in the tracking info there is something on there that says...hold at FedEx location. But you may want to call them to see if they will leave it. If this was a post office question I would definitely know the answer, FedEx eh not so much :smile:

I always prefer FedEx. Go to their website and put in the tracking number or cal 800-go-FedEx. You can arrange for pickup in a FedEx store, or possibly even to your work address (some senders block this option).

I always request coach to send without signature required for that reason.

I called coach and they are going to fix everything with UPS but said it may delay delivery by 24 hours, which is fine as long as it comes to my correct address! I also went to FedEx's website and fixed it so I can pick it up at the Kinkos by my workplace, woohoo! Thanks ladies :smile: